aberdeen-music

That damn pose

Old Gold

I'm having a late night head scratch.

My friend has chucked a bunch of pictures up on the internet of some metal bands, all posing together in a big group making faces. They're also making simulatenous cupping gestures with their hands.

What the hell does a cupping gesture mean?! is it the new devil horns? Is it a statement regarding underpriveleged Dickensian children begging for more gruel (Orphanxcore)? What relevance does this have to metal music?

Here we go...

l_3a3a53e0c3bca4fdfa94752b92023acc.jpg

The ol' invisible oranges.

edit: Back left maybe have an invisible beach ball however.

I think it's a peacock-style strut to all the other prospective Hershey Highway bandits in the room that says:- "Hey Boys!, we've got balls THIS big"

...or something...

:laughing:

...and the guy to the rear left has got REALLY big pods...hence the two-handed gesture!

Guest Phantomsmasher

Those are truly awful metal claws! About as grimm as a walk in the sunshine.

Immortal.jpg

That's how it's done ^

I suggest turning this thread into a metal claw picture thread, it would be for the ultimate good of mankind.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

It is the current ironic fad - pretending to pose like a metal god.

HAHAHAHA, I GET IT DUDES!

It's sort of the equivelent of making a 'west side' gesture with your hands and tilting your baseball cap to the side, because it's funny to pose like a 'gangsta' when you're a middle class white guy. That's the humour. "I'm posing like a gangsta, but I am actually a private school educated boy". You get it? He's a white boy, but he's posing like a 'gangsta' from the ghettos of Compton. He is one thing, but he is pretending to be something else...it's funny.

I was seriously into my metal but 3/4 years ago, and I knew nothing off these claws and pouty faces. I think these kids need to get back to their roots and stick to a spot of air punching and teeth baring.

And maybe stop standing in such close proximity to other blokes. Having a big cuddle is nae very metal.

I think these kids need to get back to their roots and stick to a spot of air punching and teeth baring.

EPICPOSE.gif

This guy has got it down though. He is clearly (right hand) cupping his mates balls, whilst simultaneously grabbing at a young lassies boobs. All this while bearing his teeth like his life depended on it.

Well done sir, *claps* well done.