aberdeen-music

verse, go it alone and justice gig

Calm down man. Im sure you'll get a reason within a couple of days.

easy for you dude, im sure if it was someone you wanted to see you would be just as annoyed as i am.

gigs in aberdeen even sent a myspace message saying the gig was happening, even tho the venue said the bands hadnt turned up around the exact same time. NICE.

i passed on justice in glasgow in favour of this gig. took the day off work special. fuck this shit.

wasn't really Jamesy's fault, he had been trying to get in contact with the bands all day but couldn't manage to. I was there too. Turned up around 8 to find the gig had been cancelled. But, at about 8.30, Verse, Go It Alone and Justice turned up.

I searched for ages trying to find them a venue to play in, but nowhere was up for a last minute hardcore gig.

They were decent guys, and they understood that it wasn't Jamesy's fault, I even saw their info for the gig, and the contact numbers were not right at all.

Shame, would have been amazing if it went ahead.

x

To be fair, *why* did the bands turn up so late? Surely it's not Jamesy's fault if they turn up late and don't tell him...?

*blinks*

First you think Scotland would be a better place if the government moved to the left, now you're defending RFR?

Are you feeling ok?

• Upvote 1

Right...

So I'd advanced the gig with the band's agent giving them a load-in time of 3.30PM as per at The Tunnels. Avocado are a bit of a shambles at the best of times but usually the bands at least turn up. Black My Heart played Kef with us a few months back and turned up like 7. I emailed and phoned Avocado in Germany all day (whilst sorting out Milburn...) and got no response on anything at all. So I used my best judgement and kept the gig on for as long as possible. I postponed it till 7.45PM and then simply had to cancel it. The band were already 4 hours late and I hadn't heard a peep from anyone at all so between the venue and myself we decided we had no choice. The first I heard frm any of the bands was at 8.45PM when Taylor called me as he saw some vans pull up. We tried to get a hold of a sound engineer but couldn't get one and everyone that'd came for the show had already turned away. I left the Milburn show and went and met with the guys from the bands and they said simply that they'd fucked up and that they totally agreed with everything we'd done...

So what I can do? It was all advanced - I hadn't heard a peep and it was an hour after doors...

Jamesy x

He's the promoter. It's his responsibility.

Sure, it is. But if RFR make refunds available to people who bought advance tickets, what more could they have done? Promising people (when Jamesy didn't have a clue what was going on) that the show would go ahead when they had no idea of what was happening would have been simply lying to people - so better not to let them in at all than to let them in and then let them down, no?

If the bands aren't there, the show can't go on. Simple as that, no?

Credit where credit's due - it sounds like Jamesy did all he could to keep things going (if it was me, I would've cancelled it far earlier...) - so it's not really fair to criticise him for something that was completely out of his control.

*blinks*

First you think Scotland would be a better place if the government moved to the left' date=' now you're defending RFR?

Are you feeling ok?[/quote']

It's the weather :)

Just remember and go see Ghost Of A Thousand either supporting the equally fantabulous Gallows or at their own headline show on Sunday.

You won't be disappointed ^_^

second best is better than nothing i suppose...

but im working sunday night anyway :(

was thinking about both of those actually. might go to gallows. not sure though.

Sure, it is. But if RFR make refunds available to people who bought advance tickets, what more could they have done? Promising people (when Jamesy didn't have a clue what was going on) that the show would go ahead when they had no idea of what was happening would have been simply lying to people - so better not to let them in at all than to let them in and then let them down, no?

If the bands aren't there, the show can't go on. Simple as that, no?

Credit where credit's due - it sounds like Jamesy did all he could to keep things going (if it was me, I would've cancelled it far earlier...) - so it's not really fair to criticise him for something that was completely out of his control.

I'm really not disputing that man.