aberdeen-music

SONIC YOUTH - Daydream Nation - Live at Glasgow ABC - 22nd August

When they do the Sister/EVOL tour mebbe I could be persuaded.

I saw at least 3 dates of the Daydream tour first time around...

still bummed at missing the Sister tour in Glasgow when I had been down at college the night of the gig. Only noticed the poster the next day: curses.

• 3 months later...

SIx Organs Of Admittance

As well as playing the Lemon Tree's studio theatre on Monday 20th, Ben Chasny is also playing Nice N Sleazy on Tuesday 21st. It's a late show, with late doors, and if you present a SY Daydream Nation ticket at the door you'll get 2 off.

He was the support for a Joanna Newsom gig we did and he was just solo guitar, with a loop pedal kind of thing and it was amazing. Wierdly full-band sounding. Have seen him play on a different occasion with a drums/percussion fella and another guitarist, and this also came under the moniker of Six Organs.

cracking gig last night! A near 2 hour set by SY!

on stage at 8:35, played Daydream Nation in it's entirety (obviously) till about 9:55 - cam back on for another half dozen songs with Mark Ibold of Pavement on bass. Then an encore as a four piece again. Finished just after 10:30. Awesome!

Support was from Orphan Fairytale - MySpaceTV: Orphan Fairytale by Jef Mertens

Can't wait to see them again tonight!