aberdeen-music

session drummer available. tuition too

Biz

• 1 month later...

summer special offer

I am available for studio rehearsal and recording work.

I will play great drums and percussion for your shitty songs.

I will play ace drums for your good tunes.

I'm nae bothered as long as I get paid, I do FAR too much freebies.

I play most styles but NAE JAZZ or namby pamby shite.

15 per hour , that's 10 an hour less than tuition , cheers Biz

Get a "proper job" ? AYE RICHT

Bands send me CDS, I memorise the songs and gig with or without rehearsals.

From time to time people write about the bands I play with, here's a recent review from culturedeluxe...

Aberdeen Tunnels, 23rd April 2007

As you may have heard, the Shitdisco tour has been brought to an abrupt halt after lead singer Joel Stone took ill in Aberdeen on Monday afternoon and understandably missed that night's show due to being hospitalised. However, the show carried on with tour support To My Boy and local heroes Miss the Occupier in the picture of health.

Now, it's not often that the drummer steals the show, but tonight local sticksman and sometime standup comic Biz the drummer is sitting in for Miss the Occupier. Armed with a syn drum artillery and frequently checking some hastily-written instructions, it's very hard to take your eyes of Mr Biz as he keeps perfect time while flamboyantly twirling his sticks between beats.

However, to focus on the Biz sideshow would be a serious disservice to the regular members of Glasgow's Miss the Occupier here tonight, namely bassist / vocallist Roz (with pink hair and matching fishnets) and guitarist Magnus (no pink at all). Their heavily Sonic Youth-influenced yin matches their Britpop yang - like a raw Sleeper crossed with a placid Siouxsie and the Banshees - perfectly and with tracks like 'Girlfriend Go Crazy' in their arsenal, they're on the verge of great things.

"This songs called 'Nothing is Perfect'" announces Roz and, almost on cue, Biz spectacularly loses his drumstick during the first bar, grabbing another from his seemingly infinite supply and continuing. Great fun.

Why do you say that? For all you know, he can play it, he just doesn't want to because he doesn't like it.

No, no, no. Ya got me all wrong. I wasn't saying you're not a session drummer because you can't play it, I was just under the impression that session drummers were supposed to play whatever style for whatever amount of time for the money, regardless of personal styles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm back

I will be available for drum tuition at your place or a central studio in Aberdeen.

I will be available for studio work and possibly gigs with bands as long as there is not too much fannying around rehearsing for months.

OH and don't forget - I want paid a decent hourly wage for band or studio work, cheers Biz.