aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Political Broadcasts

I remember the days when a boring old git would stand in front of a camera and talk absolute Pish for 4 minutes.. Now, these days we need an Icon, someone who will make us turn our heads and look at the pish they couldn't just say without a figurehead. Gimmick, is what that's called. And the Parties seem to think they can reach out and touch us by putting wank-bots like Ricky Tomlinson and Sean Connery on the screen to make their point that extra bit important.

The Human race. How about the Human Finished.

You know when you're at a party and you walk past someone you don't know and you just catch them saying one line that instantly makes you avoid conversation with them? The last line in the first post was probably the best example of that I have ever read.

Surely celebrities are entitled to a view? I know if I was (more) famous I'd do what I could to ensure the party I supported got the maximum possible support. At least they're standing up for what they believe in, and not just sniping from the sidelines.

True. But don't you see this as a gimmicky type of manoeuvre from the parties to get more votes. It's an obvious thing to do right enough, but I feel the leaders have no gumption about them anymore.. rather than graft for our vote they chuck up someone who is liked on tv and will get a response.

And if I was famous I'd have better things to do than stand up for my beliefs! :up:

I switch the channel as soon as these things come on. I ended up watching a Conservatie one by mistake, one time. Was terrible.

Just involved someone going round Dundee town centre (i think) asking people what annoyed them also said which party it was for at the beginning and end.

At least they're standing up for what they believe in, and not just sniping from the sidelines.

This is a great point - check all us bastard cunts sitting here typing away when we should be appearing on party political broadcasts. We should be utterly ashamed of ourselves.

This is a great point - check all us bastard cunts sitting here typing away when we should be appearing on party political broadcasts. We should be utterly ashamed of ourselves.

Isn't Dave more likely to be referring to other celebrities rather than you message board types?

Yup. Plenty of s'lebs are quite willing to spout political platitudes when they're trying to sell a new book or record, but actually tying them down to a political party, and getting them to do some work that will help the cause, not their career, is very hard work and very rare. That's what I meant.

excellent post

and you didnt need to ban/moderate or close any threads ;)

Party Political Broadcasts never fail to amaze me at how terrible they can be. I'm not sure I've ever seen a good one. The SSP one for this election was particulary terrible, I wouldn't be suprised if that's why they lost so many votes!