aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Woolies

Aberdeen = Dead City?

Was up in Aberdeen this weekend past and headed out on the Saturday night and gotta say I was suprised at how quiet places were!

10pm Saturday night in Cafe Drummonds = around a dozen folk in. Moshulu at midnight = the same. :SThey did get busier once we'd been in for a bit but it's unsettling to not have to fight to the bar and have plenty of choices of seat on a Saturday night out in a city-centre ANYWHERE!

I'm planning on coming back up in a wee bit so urmm, any suggestions on where I should go if I want to share my alt/rock bias night out with more than a handful of other people?!

Maybe it was just a bad weekend to come up. Triptych was on so lots of folk would have been at those venues.

i was out on saturday. and too was not impressed with the lack of meat in town. thing's are getting boring. but maybe people are saving it all for this 'wonderfull' summer we're going to have.

I prefer town when it's dead. Less folk = less twats, quicker bar service and more room for "dancing"....

You forgot: Larger female to male ratio= better chance at getting some action ;)

I'd say that Triptych and people not being paid would have a huge impact. I was in Tunnels on saturday and there were hundreds of people there easily.

I toddled home before 12 though. Old bones etc.

I've kinda gone off clubs. I really like Snafu when I do venture out and I naturally would always recommend Exodus for those that love a dance.

Bars are better when it's quiet though. Less pissed up plonkers thinking they are John Wayne trying to cop a feel of your "meat" ;)

Good Bars: Ma Camerons, Prince of Wales, Wild Boar, Under The Hammer and certainly The Moorings is worth a mention too - you'll find stuff in there that you won't get anywhere else.

You forgot: Larger female to male ratio= better chance at getting some action ;)

Maybe you have to rely on such statistics........:laughing:

Triptych may indeed have pulled everyone away from where we were! :(

Forgetting Moshulu was Air Guitar rather than more general alt/rock on a Saturday didn't help me sell Aberdeen to my girlfriend either, oops me!

Triptych may indeed have pulled everyone away from where we were! :(

Forgetting Moshulu was Air Guitar rather than more general alt/rock on a Saturday didn't help me sell Aberdeen to my girlfriend either, oops me!

I saw you doing your paparazzi thing at the Torcher. On my way to the Triptych gig at The Tunnels. QED.

would be cool if it was a dead city though.. aye, like post-apocalyptic/28 days later style... eeriee.

I'd set up camp in the bon accord centre and never leave. Pop into R an B and steal a few guitars and amps like and just jam away!

alternative scene in aberdeen generally avoid saturdays in most cities due to ned/chavs/welk/twats.etc

been like this for about 10 years... definitely more in the last 5 years,

r

Guest Neutral
Ross, I'm aware of the concept of chavs, neds and twats - but what is a "welk"?

a small snail

jcn-welk.jpg