aberdeen-music

Guilty pleasures?

Dan G

I keeping putting on Twilight by ELO in my old man's car. It's irresistable. It guess a lot of people would say I should be ashamed about liking ABBA, but I'm not. I'd be much more ashamed of liking Sonic Youth.

Twilight is classic, it's from my all time favourite ELO album 'Time'. Most people here would think my complete musical taste is guilty pleasures, but ones even i feel guilty about:

Early Chris De Burgh (pre Lady in Red)

Meat Loaf

Genesis (even inc some Collins stuff)

Ones that some would say are embarassing that I like: The Beautifull South, Dido, the Scorpions, Def Leppard, Stiltskin, Asia, Status Quo, Marillion, Fish, Magnum, most of my albums really :up:

Cheers

Stuart

Guest bluesxman

I recently bought the Sugababes best of, which has some really good songs but as a whole album got a bit boring at times.

Duran Duran's 'Greatest' album is great, all their good stuff with none of the filler from the individual albums.

Is Kid Rock a guilty pleasure? I quite like his Devil Without A Cause and History Of Rock albums, totally lunk-headed but some good tunes and amusing...