aberdeen-music

Guilty pleasures?

Dan G

Maroon 5

Shame on you. Really? Like do you own an album?

I own a Fall Out Boy album and a few similar type pop-emo things like All American Rejects and a band called Home Grown. That's going a few years back though.

I once caught my heart strings being tugged by a Celine Dion song on TV. I was drunk, it was late, I was sad. I couldn't switch it off. That was about 4 years ago and this is the first time I've admitted this. Embarrassed but the weight is off my shoulders. Maroon 5 pales into insignificance I suppose, go on yersel Alkaline.

Shame on you. Really? Like do you own an album?

I own a Fall Out Boy album and a few similar type pop-emo things like All American Rejects and a band called Home Grown. That's going a few years back though.

I once caught my heart strings being tugged by a Celine Dion song on TV. I was drunk, it was late, I was sad. I couldn't switch it off. That was about 4 years ago and this is the first time I've admitted this. Embarrassed but the weight is off my shoulders. Maroon 5 pales into insignificance I suppose, go on yersel Alkaline.

I do and i also have the Kara's Flowers album (the band that Maroon 5 were before they became Maroon 5) :p

Harder To Breathe and This Love are awesome pop songs. They're well written and Adam Levine has a great voice.

:up:

I don't feel an ounce of shame for my love of Justin Timberlake. He is amazing :love:

From what Dan said I thought the thread was more about bands/artists you *should* be ashamed of. Can't honestly say I'm ashamed of liking JT. Timbaland's stuff, however, is fucking awful.

My 6 week old son and I just bopped round the living room to Living Thing and Don't Let Me Down by Electric Light Orchestra.

I keeping putting on Twilight by ELO in my old man's car. It's irresistable. It guess a lot of people would say I should be ashamed about liking ABBA, but I'm not. I'd be much more ashamed of liking Sonic Youth.

I keeping putting on Twilight by ELO in my old man's car. It's irresistable. It guess a lot of people would say I should be ashamed about liking ABBA, but I'm not. I'd be much more ashamed of liking Sonic Youth.

Get with the cool kids for fuck sake! ;)

As an aside, I despise Abba and don't much like Sonic Youth. I reckon somewhere in the middle is my taste!

You like what you like though and there should be no shame in that. Or should there? If it gets ya, it gets ya. For me music is about grabbing your attention and pulling you into the song. If it sounds good to you, you like it and you should face it. Most of the stuff that gets me is at the very least semi-respectable but there is the odd err in "respectabilty".

Currently got the iTunes on shuffle. "let it be" the Beatles (band from Liverpool, only 2 of them kicking about these days). If they had never recorded that and Wetlife did it originally - would it be a shit song?

Awa' tae kill masel. For the person who commented on Home grown, I'm away to dig it oot, has Dion got a myspace?

Oh, Beck's "Mutations" came on after the Beatles - 4 tracks in and loving every minute, respect reintsalled?

Thought I replied to this already but cannot find post so I probably forgot to press reply button.

Shakira - can't help but like her for some reason

A-Ha - might be quite cheesey but I like them.

Don't want to put them as a guilty pleasure but head towards it.

ManOWar - over the top metal band that are quite naff but I can't help but like them also