aberdeen-music

My iTunes has gone tits up. Please help!

Old Gold

Whenever I try and start up iTunes I get this:

itunesproblem.JPG

The reason is really because I moved 'my music' to my external hardrive, but it's only in the last couple of days that it's been an issue. The hardrive's connected fine, and is fully accessible through 'my computer'. iTunes just can't seem to tell it's there all of a sudden.

I've tried reinstalling iTunes, but no luck. Any ideas folks?

do you have a 'my music' folder in your documents folder?

If not create one and copy over the itunes folder from the one you moved, that should solve the problem.

Failing that reinstall itunes.

That's not really much use. It was working fine a couple of days ago with all my music on the external hardrive, but all of a sudden it's not having any of it.

Copying all my songs back into My Documents kind of defeats the purpose.

only other thing i can think of is just creating a 'My Music' folder in your 'Documents' folder and seeing if that has any effect.

Great minds think alike :p

I emptied 'my music' folder (the one with the music note on the icon) and put it back into 'my documents', and created an iTunes folder in it.

Still getting that bloody window. And I've already reinstalled the bugger.

Whenever I try and start up iTunes I get this:

itunesproblem.JPG

The reason is really because I moved 'my music' to my external hardrive, but it's only in the last couple of days that it's been an issue. The hardrive's connected fine, and is fully accessible through 'my computer'. iTunes just can't seem to tell it's there all of a sudden.

I've tried reinstalling iTunes, but no luck. Any ideas folks?

This is more of a Windows problem than an iTunes problem to be honest. Looks like a solution can be found here:

iTunes for Windows XP: "Disk is locked" or "iTunes folder cannot be found" when installing or opening iTunes

What are you using itunes for if you don't have an ipod?

In my opinion anyway, it's a pretty decent music management application regardless if you have an iPod or not. I starting using iTunes long before I got an iPod. It's much better than Windows Media Player, that much is true.

Guest Neutral
In my opinion anyway, it's a pretty decent music management application regardless if you have an iPod or not. I starting using iTunes long before I got an iPod. It's much better than Windows Media Player, that much is true.

Itunes is too slow graphically and has too much annoyances - deleting all music off my ipod the moment i plug it in

winamp for all music, vlc for all video, wmp11 if i want to easily view it all as artists/albums

Itunes is too slow graphically and has too much annoyances - deleting all music off my ipod the moment i plug it in

winamp for all music, vlc for all video, wmp11 if i want to easily view it all as artists/albums

Set your iPod up so you manage all the updating manually instead of automatically, it won't update anything at all until you do it. My iTunes us empty I just add one album to it as I get it, then copy it onto the iPod and delete it from iTunes.

Using iPod with multiple computers

Guest Neutral
Set your iPod up so you manage all the updating manually instead of automatically, it won't update anything at all until you do it. My iTunes us empty I just add one album to it as I get it, then copy it onto the iPod and delete it from iTunes.

Using iPod with multiple computers

Yeh i can do that but it doesnt give me the option until it has wiped all the music from the ipod