aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Sam 45

Question about cycling

Does anyone know of any long-distance (now nae too long mind ;)) cycling events that anyone can enter? Kind of like the London marathon ect. I think iv heard about one that goes from London to Brighton but was wondering if anybody knows of any more?

Cheers

Edinburgh Bicycle co-op run 100 mile challenges reguarly:

Edinburgh Bicycle Century Challenge - Call 0845 257 0808 for Dates (49.95)

Aside from that there's usually heaps of charity distance rides in the summer, distance varies. I did the Great Stonehaven Bike Ride last year and it was a laugh, possibly not as long as you're looking for though (it was 25 miles round the hills from Stoney up to Durris and back).

Why not just get a few mates and follow the national cycle route for a day? Make your own ride.

I think i may giv eup on the cycling idea after what i just found. The annual stilt-walk from John O' Groats to Lands End!

I think i may giv eup on the cycling idea after what i just found. The annual stilt-walk from John O' Groats to Lands End!

Wow, how long does that take?

Google cyclosportif and you'll find plenty to challenge you in the UK. Even better (if you get the bug), sign up for one in France or Italy and see how it's done properly.