aberdeen-music

new holy folks song...

-matthEw-

Well, musically this track is of little consequence, so ignoring that and focusing on the vocals, we are left with lyrics voiced in a sickly, cloyingly american accent that could potentially make someone physically sick, which express a string of typically uninteresting adolescent cliches. It's dissapointing, sad, pointless trash.

Well, musically this track is of little consequence, so ignoring that and focusing on the vocals, we are left with lyrics voiced in a sickly, cloyingly american accent that could potentially make someone physically sick, which express a string of typically uninteresting adolescent cliches. It's dissapointing, sad, pointless trash.

Aay, Stripey... You just don't get it!

Good work Holy Folks. That is some jolly nice anti-folk :love:

, which express a string of typically uninteresting adolescent cliches. It's dissapointing, sad, pointless trash.

The only cliche I noticed, which is probably the only one you refer to is the myspace comment(no pun intended).

Good song, recorded nicely.

Was that a mouth organ used towards the end?

It's good recording quality-wise, you can certainly here everything you need to hear.

Musically its a cuntload better than anything you've posted up on your myspace before and it lilts along in a nice Bright Eyes/Americana sort of way.

I can't stand the main vocals and the lyrics though. They just don't do anything for me. The backround yelps towards the end are good though but fairly cliched and standard in similar songs.

To be fair it's not as terrible as i expected it to be, having seen you live and witnessed your 'percussionist' having unbelievable trouble staying in time, it was also a lot tighter than i thought it would be. It is fairly run of the mill for that type of genre.

And what's so 'anti'-folk about this? It's just americana-tinged folk to me.

It's good recording quality-wise, you can certainly here everything you need to hear.

Musically its a cuntload better than anything you've posted up on your myspace before and it lilts along in a nice Bright Eyes/Americana sort of way.

I can't stand the main vocals and the lyrics though. They just don't do anything for me. The backround yelps towards the end are good though but fairly cliched and standard in similar songs.

To be fair it's not as terrible as i expected it to be, having seen you live and witnessed your 'percussionist' having unbelievable trouble staying in time, it was also a lot tighter than i thought it would be. It is fairly run of the mill for that type of genre.

And what's so 'anti'-folk about this? It's just americana-tinged folk to me.

thanks for peoples comments, keep 'em coming.

can i just ask though, when did you see us live? since we've had scott on board we've tightened up a helluva lot. however, it could just have been on of those gigs where he was seriously pished, which is semi-regular.

Actually, I don't see where Stripey's getting the 'cloyingly American accent' from. Fair enough it's not a 'braw moonlit nicht the nicht', but then it's not exactly Blink 182 either.

and yeah, stripeys obviously got his own opinions which is fine, but that baffled me. stews voice might not be to everyones taste, but it sounds perfectly natural to me.

can i just ask though, when did you see us live? since we've had scott on board we've tightened up a helluva lot. however, it could just have been on of those gigs where he was seriously pished, which is semi-regular.

It was last year sometime. He had a gorilla suit on. I can't remember for the life of me who with.

i quite like this actually

quirky, tuneful, simple and doesnt take itself seriously.

lyrics vocals are fine for this kind of stuff, not my thing like

i used to practice in that warehouse in dalmarnock, we were in lapsus linguaes room on the bottom next to the security bit

you didnt record this at demon box with brendan did you?