aberdeen-music

NIRVANA,scene??

KORESH

Im so ashamed ,i never fallen for the yearly dredging of nirvana,but im down in it this year.Started two weeks ago,found myself sittin around with 35 yr old couples at the lemon tree,watchin 4 guys literally suck the atmosphere and my will to breathe,thru 2hours of jazz arse tuneless kak.

went to drakes open mic to get back some pep,but had to listen tired hendrix songs,and balllless shoey "clever" little rich boy indie whining....................

Is there a scene in aberdeen,all I see are cliques posers copycats.each band here seems to think they only need two songs.

R there people who make good sound,without thinking about how cool everyones gonna think they r.this towns good for the barman,you need a drink to numd your taste.

"MAKE MORE FRIENDS"my new book out friday,Ill be passin it out at pubs.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i'm currently working my way through the downloads page on aubl just in the interests of science, and most of it is really boring and a bit dull...the only good stuff is the stuff i know about allready (ian of simpson) and the other good bands aint in it. that hot mangu track is really really funny- it just sounds like noise to me!

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Millhouse:

Now, now let the person have an opinion.

It isn't the worst scene, just lacking a bit of originality.

err explain that man....

You have bands from ALL genres in Aberdeen....its an awesome scene....glasgow...now thats a scene thats lacking originality.....

not having a go bud i really dont think you can say that....Aberdeen is awesome for bands...go through all the gigging bands and none of them are alike.....and alot of them sound like no one AT ALL across the music scene in general......

its all good

Originally posted by Mr Blastcap:

i'm currently working my way through the downloads page on aubl just in the interests of science, and most of it is really boring and a bit dull...the only good stuff is the stuff i know about allready (ian of simpson) and the other good bands aint in it. that hot mangu track is really really funny- it just sounds like noise to me!

that hot mangu track IS just noise

i should really take it off

- i still havent worked out who's been downloading it all the time

tis very strange... ?

:band:

yeah them sort of people are always gonna be here unfortunately, because bands like oasis have always regurgitated crappy spawns of their formar selves, but give the guy some credit, at least he hasnt gobbed, verbally abused or smacked any of the people in the crowd......yet!

come along and see our band. We arent the best but we are trying to do something original, like a mixture of black flag/stooges/icarus line and the mars volta, check it out!

cheers

ADAM

FIRSTLY,Im a bit dissapointed.I was expecting some rough treatment for my comments.

There are some good bands in Aberdeen,but no one seems to take themselves seriously was what I should have wrote.

Theres a lot of petty ego involved and its very "clique e"?

I wanna see great stuff I can support you know.

Instead of just "Yeah that last band had some good stuff"

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

I think his name is Martin, he plays the most derivative, dreary Oasis-style shite imaginable, and inevitably he thinks he's John Lennon. All his songs sound like 'She's Electric'.

Oh my.... X-( X-( X-( X-(

His cover of Let It Be will always echo in my mind...