aberdeen-music

Madonna - "Immaculate Collection" - My new favourite album!

Lemonade

I had this album on cassette when I was like 12 (i'm now 27), I downloaded it last night just as an amusing nostalgia trip when I was bored. It's fucking brilliant! Some absolute classic choons of the 80s on there, and a million miles better than the psuedo-disco pish she's been churning out for the last 10 years or so.

It's got nowt on it but 80s songs, look at this for a tracklisting:

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Live To Tell

9. Papa Don't Preach

10. Open Your Heart

11. La Isla Bonita

12. Like A Prayer

13. Express Yourself

14. Cherish

15. Vogue

16. Justify My Love

17. Rescue Me

Like A Prayer is an actual masterpiece. I love this album :love:

Guest DustyDeviada

Yup. Just don't buy her second best of, it's balls.

Lot's of great tunes, but Vogue would probably be my favourite. Justify My Love is under-rated I would say, a cool groove. :)

On whole the Immaculate Collection is a pretty good greatest hits, but the vast majority of the tracks are hacked up versions, look at Into The Groove for example. If you really want to appreciate the songs track down her first few albums and hear the original versions and some of her other singles that didn't quite make the cut e.g. Dress You Up.

Rumour has it she's going to be releasing a complete greatest hits package this year, going all the way from Everybody to Jump.

On whole the Immaculate Collection is a pretty good greatest hits, but the vast majority of the tracks are hacked up versions, look at Into The Groove for example. If you really want to appreciate the songs track down her first few albums and hear the original versions and some of her other singles that didn't quite make the cut e.g. Dress You Up.

Rumour has it she's going to be releasing a complete greatest hits package this year, going all the way from Everybody to Jump.

Oh god... Gonna get her gap tooth grin all over the place again.

Will she stop then or, reinvent herself again?

Dress You Up. Best Madonna song. Ever!

Guest bluesxman

Ray Of Light = decent Madonna album and first I bought, brief interest in Madonna ceased after I bought the follow up, Music, and found it was largely dire. Liked the video of her in the cowboy outfit though.

I have Dress You Up on 7" as well! Quality choon! I do wish she would give up now though, she's like an embarassing Auntie these days, still rolling around and stretching in spandex. It's not attractive any more. Plus, that rap on American Life should have been the nail in her coffin.

"I drive a mini cooper and I'm feeling super-duper." Eh?