aberdeen-music

Stereolab

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Right, I've intentionally been seeking out a lot more electro/ambient/experimental artists lately, and I want to dive into Stereolab's stuff.

However, I do find a LOT of electro and experimental stuff to be bland, banal, and quite dull.

So where should I start with Stereolab? I'm guessing the best of/singles collection/whatever it is they have will probably be the best place?

Also, if you have any artists you'd like to throw at me, do so. :up:

So where should I start with Stereolab? I'm guessing the best of/singles collection/whatever it is they have will probably be the best place?

There's a "best of", for want of a better description -

Amazon.co.uk: Serene Velocity: a Stereolab Anthology: Music: Stereolab

the afforementioned box set is also ace....

Just had a look and I've got 18 CDs / LPs by them - I'd say "transient random noise bursts with announcements" is my favourite.

have you got the latest issue of Specialten?

there's a new Schneider TM video on it - Specialten DVD Magazine

Ive not seen it, but the guy who directed it is in this band.

www.myspace.com/jablonskibeat

They are also really good, and he is a good guy, got up early one morning when we were in Germany and cleared all the mess we had made the night before!

Guest bluesxman

I decided to investigate Stereolab last year and I started with the 2 disc Peel sessions compilation then the 3 CD + DVD box set. I also bought a few CD's that FOPP were selling cheap. I would say that if you only have a passing interest the box set is the best way to go if you can get it for under a tenner on Amazon as I did.