aberdeen-music

Decent headphones for an mp3 player

Guest Savant

Get the Sony ones with the little rubber boot thing - they're amazing! They have bass like no other in-ear headfones I've used. I've had the same pair for about 3 years now and they still work perfectly.

Look no further than the Sony MDR-EX71. I got them for about 30 from Makro (but you can get them cheaper online) and they have the best sound of any headphones I have ever owned, ever. The bass is simply unbelievable, honestly I cannot express how amazing the clarity and the bass sound, plus they are the in-ear 'earplug' type and they completely drown out any outside noise so you get nothing but music. It's like musical nirvana. They fit snugly in the ear and never fall out.

See Tuning Out On the Cheap - Sony MDR-EX71 - Review by PC Magazine

Playlist: Sony MDR-EX71 Fontopia - iPod Headphones Review

Sony MDREX71 : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao.co.uk

Really I can't praise these enough.

Boss Triports are ace. Quite expensive though.

Bose Triports IE (normal Triports aren't inner ear and are more expensive)= 69 .

I agree, they are good. The Sony MDREX71 (35) are good too as are, if you're on a budget, Koss Plugs (16) and Sennheiser MX550 (22).

I prefer discreet over ear ones like the the Sennheiser PX100/PX200s and the Bose Triport OE.

Guest Savant
Look no further than the Sony MDR-EX71. I got them for about 30 from Makro (but you can get them cheaper online) and they have the best sound of any headphones I have ever owned, ever. The bass is simply unbelievable, honestly I cannot express how amazing the clarity and the bass sound, plus they are the in-ear 'earplug' type and they completely drown out any outside noise so you get nothing but music. It's like musical nirvana. They fit snugly in the ear and never fall out.

Yeah that's the ones I was on about.... :up:

Those sound pretty snazzy. The Bose ones look pretty damn amazing, but 69 bags of sand is a bit out of my price range...

Thanks for the advice.

I really like the JVC Marshmallow ones. Really nice, comfortable sound.

JVC MARSHMALLOW HEADPHONES – COLORFUL, COMFORTABLE, AFFORDABLE

20.00 from Currys

They look rather strange. I assume wearing them must be like wearing ear plugs?

Rather tempted by the Sony ones. Online I have found them for 25.99, but p + p is a bit steep for them. I may have to investigate shops in Aberdeen.

I think these are the same ones, 23 on Amazon. (Sony EX71SLB?)

Amazon.co.uk: Sony MDR-EX71

Amazon always sell Sony stuff cheap, I got a Sony digicam off there, 170, it was 260 in the shops.

Yeah, they come in Black and White. B stands for black obviously :)

I'd buy them from there. You can't try out inner ear headphones so buying online and getting a better price is no biggie in the sales world :)

::: v-moda :::

Rather appealing on the eye and even better in the ear! Outstanding 'in ear' headphones!

They are my new best friends and no I am not sad! o_O

And even if you don't like the sound, you look like you might be a robotics experiment from the future gone wrong.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser in-ear MX500s for 20-odd a while back and to be honest, they're not any better than the original Sony ones that came with my mp3 player (not the ones with the magic bass thing going on). And I can usually tell the difference. Maybe my hearing's going though.

Alkaline. Any idea where i can get more of the gel in-ear bits for my Tripot IEs?

In answer to your question. You can get them free of charge by calling:

08707 414500

I believe they're bringing out a new ear-plug in the future so you should ask for details about those and if they incur a charge at all :up: