aberdeen-music

well done neil

Stripey

Yeah well done on your completely inconsistent moderation policy, you've got no respect for the diversity of this sites userbase.

It's absolutely pathetic that you are happy to ignore legitemate complaints about personal abuse and derailing threads, and then ban a user for bringing it up in public after getting no response from your moderation team. What do you expect if you are incapable of dealing with things in a fair manner? Why do you think it's right to ban people for pointing this out, and yet completely ignore torrents of personal abuse directed at them?

I sent you a PM as you requested and you didn't even have the decency to reply. Grow up.

Guest Neutral
Yeah well done on your completely inconsistent moderation policy, you've got no respect for the diversity of this sites userbase.

It's absolutely pathetic that you are happy to ignore legitemate complaints about personal abuse and derailing threads, and then ban a user for bringing it up in public after getting no response from your moderation team. What do you expect if you are incapable of dealing with things in a fair manner? Why do you think it's right to ban people for pointing this out, and yet completely ignore torrents of personal abuse directed at them?

I sent you a PM as you requested and you didn't even have the decency to reply. Grow up.

Calm down matey boy

It is the internet treat it as if its not real

It's pretty annoying to have posts deleted, especially posts that thought and effort went into, and the only reason they are deleted is because a moderator/moderators doesn't find them funny. If they are offensive or worth getting worried about then that's understandable; the team is free to moderate the site how they wish and of course I understand that, all I ask is that you have a little heart. :(

It's pretty annoying to have posts deleted, especially posts that thought and effort went into, and the only reason they are deleted is because a moderator/moderators doesn't find them funny. If they are offensive or worth getting worried about then that's understandable; the team is free to moderate the site how they wish and of course I understand that, all I ask is that you have a little heart. :(

It's even more annoying when legitemate posts are deleted in order to manipulate the discussion to make it look more favourable for the mods when they are in an indefensible position.

I hope you realise that these are the same mods who are deleting arguments and comments that are fired back at you too. I made what I felt was a legit argument in one of your previous moan-fests but a mod, who doesn't usually edit stuff, deleted my post as he thought it was too much of a go towards you.

Sort of works both ways - not too dissimilar to you continually attacking peroples' musical tastes and personal beliefs, then moaning about getting some jib back. Swings and roundabouts: deal with it.

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

2. troll

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

3. troll

1. A large, brutish creature of European myth, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to the Japanese oni.

2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.

4. troll

1a. NounOne who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. NounA person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. NounA member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.2a. NounSometimes compared to the Japanese Oni, a troll is a supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose race was thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Lives in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges. They are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children.The Females of the species are generally kinder and more intelligent, but still fairly hideous.

2b. NounAn aesthetically repulsive person, often has terrible social skills, usually a woman. See Troglodyte.

2c. NounAn old, unattractive gay man who hits on young men, and cannot seem to understand that they want nothing to do with him.

3a. VerbTo fish by dragging bait behind a moving motor-boat.

3b. VerbTo cruise for immediate sexual pleasure without commitment. Often characterized by an older man, seeking a younger man, or any man for immediate, often anonymous sexual contact.

4. NounA joke disguised as an outrageously stupid statement or question, intended to trap people into believing it is serious.

5. VerbTo use acid and ectasy simulataneously. See trolling.(Comes from Tripping on acid, and Rolling on ecstasy)

Why should I have to put up with kind of crap in this thread:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/music-discussion/42665-%228-bit%22.html

i.e people turning everything into a personal attack against me just for expressing my opinion and trying to start a good discussion about a worthwhile topic?

Why should anyone have any respect for the decisions of the moderators when are this blatently biased, banning me for the slightest thing but allowing crap like that to go on?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/music-discussion/42665-%228-bit%22.html

i.e people turning everything into a personal attack against me just for expressing my opinion and trying to start a good discussion about a worthwhile topic?

Why should anyone have any respect for the decisions of the moderators when are this blatently biased, banning me for the slightest thing but allowing crap like that to go on?

Because 90% of the time all you do is naysay, rubbish other people's opinions, and post negative wiseass comments in other people's threads just to get a reaction. As such when you try to start a serious thread, people tend to remember that.

Oh I did, and they didn't respond, so when I posted the message in the forum instead they banned me, real nice eh.

You received a temporary ban because you ignored my post warning everyone to get back on topic in the thread in question and posted a message continuing to complain about moderation in the same thread not once, twice, but in fact no less than four times. You just weren't getting the hint.

The reason I didn't reply to your PM is because it didn't warrant a response. I've already wasted enough of my time replying to your PMs and posts in the past and, like the rest of the staff I suspect, I'm rather fed up with continuously trying to justify our actions to you. As I've said many times before, if you don't like how the web site is moderated then don't post here. We don't have to justify ourselves to anyone and we'll run the web site as we see fit.

Quite frankly, my patience with the likes of trolls like you is now pretty much exhausted and I'm soon it won't be long before you join Bladeola in becoming permanently banned.

If you had the ability to make constructive criticism, without dishing out cliched insults and infantile comments like this, you might be awarded more respect.

1/10 for pointless drivel made by talentless kids who think they are being funny. It might be a laugh between you and your mates, but outside of your tiny circle of friends I wouldn't even give you the acknowledgement of wiping my arse with the cd inlay.

Is describing someone as 'talentless' and making assumptions about their 'tiny circle of friends' not a personal attack on a thread intended to be used for constructive feedback on their music.

You run yourself round in a circle of contradictions in a desperate attempt to paint this picture of yourself as some kind of crusader for the good of music and higher intelligence, when in reality you are, at best, just a bit of an attention seeker.

• Upvote 1

Don't ban Stripey, I'm living in hope for a response to a post of mine in the Bryan Ferry thread :(

But seriously, Stripey, you can't have it both ways. People who make the effort don't get banned, it's as simple as that - but what do you expect when you openly defy the guy who owns the site? It's one thing to have an argument with him in private over things, but to keep on bleating when you were told to quite simply shut up is nothing but your own fault.

If anything though, the moderation is maybe too easy going here.

Oh right Neil, so having an educated opinion of my own that isn't the same as most of the banal sheep on here, and standing up for myself in the face of pathetic personal abuse for having that different opinion makes me a troll now does it? Don't be so fucking lame. The point of discussion on the internet is not so everyone can talk about how cool it is that they all think the same way, that's a circlejerk, not a forum.

Also, everyone else who has posted in this thread is just further demonstration of the typically aberdonian herd-like ignorance that's as rife among the users here as it is in the city itself. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them, they just feel they can chime in with their spiteful 2p because they feel safe in the mob. You're not allowed to be racist anymore, you're not allowed to be homophobic, so the last vestige of your scottishness is to ridicule people with a different mindset. Stop victimising me, you sad little country bumpkins and go back to pulling each others cocks about how similar your childish, spoonfed cultural ideas are.

Also, everyone else who has posted in this thread is just further demonstration of the typically aberdonian herd-like ignorance that's as rife among the users here as it is in the city itself. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them, they just feel they can chime in with their spiteful 2p because they feel safe in the mob. You're not allowed to be racist anymore, you're not allowed to be homophobic, so the last vestige of your scottishness is to ridicule people with a different mindset. Stop victimising me, you sad little country bumpkins and go back to pulling each others cocks about how similar your childish, spoonfed cultural ideas are.

Excuse me, I'm neither Aberdonian or Scottish.

Oh right Neil, so having an educated opinion of my own that isn't the same as most of the banal sheep on here, and standing up for myself in the face of pathetic personal abuse for having that different opinion makes me a troll now does it? Don't be so fucking lame. The point of discussion on the internet is not so everyone can talk about how cool it is that they all think the same way, that's a circlejerk, not a forum.

You, Sir, are a genius - either that or they have Broadband in Cornhill Hospital.

It's the above text in RED conterpointed by that in BOLD that's the money shot here.

Bravo, bravissimo :up: