aberdeen-music

Rehearsing in Aberdeen

Steve Cobra Kai

send a text or leave an answer phone message and they will get back to you.

Musical vision is a great practice place. The good thing about Aberdeen practice places is that the guys who run them are always willing to help you out. Least they deserve is for people to treat the equipment that they are using with respect

Although it was during the day it was only 20 for 3 hours or something like that.

I'm sure Tom's used to do cheap deals during the day.

I like Tom's. You can usually get a decent sound (although some of the amps are worse than others) and there's plenty of rooms so getting a booking isn't a problem. I only begrudge the price when the drummer/bassist doesn't turn up and we have to pay extra.

room 4 in toms is great if you dont whack everything up full, best room i think in the place. We always get the best sound in there.

Used to use musical vision but the guy never turned up a few mornings so we decided to stop going there.

Its a shame mark nicol doesnt do the place down at the harbour it was great place to practise.

Its a shame mark nicol doesnt do the place down at the harbour it was great place to practise.

Shite sound, mind. But it was good if you got the last slot of the day and could basically stay as long as you wanted, having a laugh at the latest recordings on the PC.

Lofi is a fucking paradise: CD burners, decent amps (if you can't be bothered lugging your own about), good sound, spare instruments, clean rooms, and best of all.....

AIR CONDITIONING.

With a remote control, at that. And all for 8 an hour. The guy that runs it is sound too.

You can practise in Glasgow for as little as 3.50 an hour (depending on time of day, obviously). And none of the places we've been in thus far have been anything less than the standard of Musical Vision, So there really is no excuse for the high prices in Aberdeen, unless there's just no great demand for practise time - Glasgow practise places are always packed, but then it is a bigger city than Aberdeen with even MORE shitey bands.

Until a third practice venue of the same quality and size opens up in Aberdeen there is no reason for prices to drop. Glasgow is so cheap because there are so many places. It is worth travelling down to Glasgow just to practice in Lofi once in a while, highly recommended.

Until a third practice venue of the same quality and size opens up in Aberdeen there is no reason for prices to drop. Glasgow is so cheap because there are so many places. It is worth travelling down to Glasgow just to practice in Lofi once in a while, highly recommended.

Geez, our guys won't go to Macduff, so I can't see us taking a wee run to Glasgow. Pity I like it there.

Shite sound, mind. But it was good if you got the last slot of the day and could basically stay as long as you wanted, having a laugh at the latest recordings on the PC.

true, it was good getting the last slot mark would let you stay there as long as you wanted.

We used it after the new guys took it over but found we couldnt leave kit there without it being used by other people without any consent and well, fuck that, last thing i want is some little pube cracking one of my cymbols.

Until a third practice venue of the same quality and size opens up in Aberdeen there is no reason for prices to drop. Glasgow is so cheap because there are so many places.

I also imagine it's got cheaper rent and rates. Put it this way, how many people who own studios in this town look like they've got money.

I also imagine it's got cheaper rent and rates. Put it this way, how many people who own studios in this town look like they've got money.

Perhaps Donald Trump can be convinced to build a suite of rehearsal rooms with the golf course...?

We used it after the new guys took it over but found we couldnt leave kit there without it being used by other people without any consent and well' date=' fuck that, last thing i want is some little pube cracking one of my cymbols.[/quote']

I just made up a joke:

What do you get when you cross David Hasselhoff and a piece of drum kit?

A sex cymbal.

(If you read it about 10 times in a row, it starts being slightly mirthsome)