aberdeen-music

For fans of Tool...

Dan G

What exactly have I been suckered into? Actually, forget it, you're impossible to talk to because you never actually read any responses to your posts, and to communicate effectively with you I'd have to have a frontal lobotomy or regress to age 10 or something. Carry on, these aren't the droids you're looking for...

What exactly have I been suckered into? Actually, forget it, you're impossible to talk to because you never actually read any responses to your posts, and to communicate effectively with you I'd have to have a frontal lobotomy or regress to age 10 or something. Carry on, these aren't the droids you're looking for...

Let me remind you again if it slipped your immense iq level!

You pointed out my comment that i called mr maxwell a corporate whore when i was applying sarcasm to the arguement. Fool you for taking that onboard!

Tool arent comparable with this shit, you seem to think otherwise in your original comment. Yet you seem to think that changing the argument with this "oh arent tool fans allowed to like this" far from your original point and changing your stance, that wasnt the argument in the first place. Why can't you see tool have their own sound? Anyone who compares a band with tool simply does not know what they are talking about. Tool do their own thing end of.

For a start, I've been listening to Tool since 1998 so that's nearly ten years of not knowing what I'm talking about. Maybe tool DO have a sound of their own, but that doesn't mean that other bands aren't influenced by them and sound a bit like them.

Both the End and Tool write progressively structured songs that are based largely on complicated shifting time signatures, whilst retaining a relatively dark and ambient feel to them, and without being too heavy or extreme.

Which band is 'better' is totally irrelevent, but the fact remains that 'Elementary' by the End has many attributes that are very comparable to Tool.

I also wrote a short story that features both bands:

You are a Tool.

The End

• Upvote 2

For a start, I've been listening to Tool since 1998 so that's nearly ten years of not knowing what I'm talking about. Maybe tool DO have a sound of their own, but that doesn't mean that other bands aren't influenced by them and sound a bit like them.

Both the End and Tool write progressively structured songs that are based largely on complicated shifting time signatures, whilst retaining a relatively dark and ambient feel to them, and without being too heavy or extreme.

Which band is 'better' is totally irrelevent, but the fact remains that 'Elementary' by the End has many attributes that are very comparable to Tool.

I also wrote a short story that features both bands:

You are a Tool.

The End

Then perhaps you would like to back up your statement with actual proof that the band where influenced by tool.

Then perhaps you would like to back up your statement with actual proof that the band where influenced by tool.

Well I have a pair of ears and more than 7 brain cells for a start... however if you want proof I will go ahead and waste 5 minutes of my time just so I can read how hilariously simple your response will be.

from amazon:

"Editorial Reviews

From the Artist

For Fans Of: TOOL, The MARS VOLTA, The DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, ISIS, IN FLAMES, AS I LAY DYING "

Notice tool is first in the line. Lets see what the reviewers think shall we.

1. "Now, you can hear a little bit of Tool..."

2. "Ill keep it short. If you like Tool..."

3. "They sound like Tool in some songs with blatant rip off riffs, time signatures, and tones that would remind anyone of Tool." **

Now, moving onto the ACTUAL PACKAGING the Cd came in;

"For Fans of Tool, Isis..."

I'm sure you'll find some way of ignoring all the above though.

[** notice how this guy doesn't even like the album but basically says that even the biggest of cretins can tell that it sounds like Tool. You obviously don't know very much about Tool at all.]

• Upvote 1

Well I have a pair of ears and more than 7 brain cells for a start... however if you want proof I will go ahead and waste 5 minutes of my time just so I can read how hilariously simple your response will be.

from amazon:

"Editorial Reviews

From the Artist

For Fans Of: TOOL, The MARS VOLTA, The DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, ISIS, IN FLAMES, AS I LAY DYING "

Notice tool is first in the line. Lets see what the reviewers think shall we.

1. "Now, you can hear a little bit of Tool..."

2. "Ill keep it short. If you like Tool..."

3. "They sound like Tool in some songs with blatant rip off riffs, time signatures, and tones that would remind anyone of Tool." **

Now, moving onto the ACTUAL PACKAGING the Cd came in;

"For Fans of Tool, Isis..."

I'm sure you'll find some way of ignoring all the above though.

[** notice how this guy doesn't even like the album but basically says that even the biggest of cretins can tell that it sounds like Tool. You obviously don't know very much about Tool at all.]

Post of the week!

Rune's certainly become the prison bitch of this thread. First he was owned by me (grammar based), then by Maxi (genre based) and then by Dan (music comparison based).

Anyone feel like we should knock out his front teeth so he can swallow it (the knowledge of course ;) ) a little easier?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiits..........another Rune special! I'm not really interested in the bands concerned here, I just love reading Rune threads. It's the modern-day equivalent of badger-baiting.

You people should really read from SOURCE before talking shit, fact is on the bands myspace site tool are not mentioned. End of. Looks like all your flaming and bullshit dont come to nothing. As per usual i guess. Maybe you should look further into the actual truth assholes before looking at second rate sources and trying to make me look small when in reality your the ones who are talking shit

You people should really read from SOURCE before talking shit, fact is on the bands myspace site tool are not mentioned. End of. Looks like all your flaming and bullshit dont come to nothing. As per usual i guess. Maybe you should look further into the actual truth assholes before looking at second rate sources and trying to make me look small when in reality your the ones who are talking shit

you still work in the cafe bit in morrisons?