aberdeen-music

For fans of Tool...

Dan G

Mastodon/Norma Jean/Deftones/Meshuggah...

Check out the new album 'elemental' by The End.

they used to be a Dillinger Escape Plan style math-tech-noise-metal band but their new stuff is a lot more soundscape-y and very tool-esue in many places. It gets better with each listen as well.

I was into the first album, but this is the first good review of the new stuff I've heard - seems to be getting panned everywhere else. Will check 'em out once I've stopped listening to Amon Amarth....

It's probably only getting panned by people who used to like them before the change in direction. I never knew them before this album and therefore don't care about their previous work when it comes to judging them.

The lyrics are too scene core for me, comparable too tool? heh

No one on this planet is

Shit, does that mean if you like Tool you're not allowed to like any other bands ever because they're not comparable? What about Katatonia/A Perfect Circle?

And anyway, I said "for fans of tool", not "check out this band that are as good as tool".

And what are "scene core" lyrics, anyway?

Shit, does that mean if you like Tool you're not allowed to like any other bands ever because they're not comparable? What about Katatonia/A Perfect Circle?

And anyway, I said "for fans of tool", not "check out this band that are as good as tool".

And what are "scene core" lyrics, anyway?

Tool arent comparable with this shit, you seem to think otherwise in your original comment. Yet you seem to think that changing the argument with this "oh arent tool fans allowed to like this" far from your original point and changing your stance, that wasnt the argument in the first place. Why can't you see tool have their own sound? Anyone who compares a band with tool simply does not know what they are talking about. Tool do their own thing end of.

Scenecore = genres like emo/pop punk/hardcore/screamo. Do you not seriously not know what scenecore is?

Wrong, they reek of their own influences. Cracking band though. And if you're going to pretend quote someone you could at least spell correctly ('allowed' rather than 'aloud', which means something else). :up:

just because other bands inspired them doesnt mean that they sound like one particular band. Just means that tool have combined different styles into something new. Which they have.. If you want to be clever and start a grammar war then you would of obviously known that you cant start a sentence with and. With does nothing to argue the point anyhow. So just get over it

the emo, hardcore and screamo scenes died over a decade ago

maybe you are getting confused?

I guess that makes you lord of the scene freaks then! ;)

Since you are in the know lol

It is not something i would really want to be an expert on anyhow

If you want to be clever and start a grammar war then you would of obviously known that you cant start a sentence with and. With does nothing to argue the point anyhow. So just get over it

You can if the new sentence implies a continuation, which was the case in the post you mentioned.

Rune, why are you so angry and protective? It's like the whole world is against you even although Dan was simply pointing out that people may dig this band because it has parts that are a bit like Tool.

Your standard to everything is "Your ignorant".

Rune, your weird.

mass produce? your joking right?

im not an expert, but most emo and screamo bands are diy/self release or put em on small labels and distros

you are a complete bufoon

Looks like my sarcasm has washed off your jelly brain. Who is the buffoon again? ;)

Rune, why are you so angry and protective? It's like the whole world is against you even although Dan was simply pointing out that people may dig this band because it has parts that are a bit like Tool.

Your standard to everything is "Your ignorant".

Rune, your weird.

On a serious note, please tell me where he states that "parts of this are a bit like tool"?

There is no way when you compare the two bands that this is comparable to tool.

As i stated before tool will always have their own sound and not be compared.