aberdeen-music

Ebay feedback problem.

Hog

Until now I have received 54 positive feedbacks. I sold a dvd to a guy last week who gave me neg feedback because he said that the dvd was chipped. Instead of simply contacting me (I would happily sort out the problem) he gave me neg feedback.

I emailed him explaining that its a poor show how he just gave me neg feedback without even discussing a problem, he hasn't responded. I could give him neg feedback but that is stooping to his level IMHO because I like to deal with problems not just give neg feedback.

Suggestions?

I'm sure there is a way to respond to negative feedback so potential buyers can hear your side of the story. I've seen it on other people's profiles. I'd give him negative feeback saying "Rude, unhelpful, unwilling to communicate" so at least other people will know he's a bit of a wanker to deal with, which is what the feedback system is for really.

It is a bit shit tho, I always send a message to the buyer to confirm I have posted it and I say if there's any problems or you're not happy with it just send it back and I will refund you and reimburse your postage, so far nobody has taken me up on it and I've sent out some right old shite :-)

You could try contacting the buyer to see if you can resolve the complaint. If the buyer is amenable to this then there is the option to withdraw the negative feedback - i personally have not had to do this but i know others who have. Hope that helps.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

If this is your biggest ebay woe then you ain't seen nothing yet.

I bought a leather gearstick gaiter on ebay from some Polish cunt last year. The listing said Paypal only which I was fine with, but when I tried to pay for it I got told that Polish Paypal accounts can't receive money. The seller told me to pay with a cheque and I informed him that I don't have a chequebook, so he raised a claim against me which I responded to explaining my side of the story. A few days later, my account was suspended because of 'unpaid seller fees' that had already been paid and because I couldn't do anything in the account without paying them off, I did so expecting to be able to clear the issue up with them afterwards. Instead I tried to log in and got told that my account had been deleted because of non-payment on an item. Moral of the story? In addition to charging you to list, sell or buy on ebay, and make or recieve payments over paypal, ebay don't care about the wellbeing of its customers, and would rather defraud them than assist them with any queries they have. In short, they are utter cunts.