aberdeen-music

Ben Elton disappreciation thread.

Scorge

Just watching his new 'television programme' on the box now, and it's reminding me of how much of a self satisfied, smarmy, irritating, fake cockney, patronising, hypocritical tossrod he is. You might have co-wrote The Young Ones, but you ruined the script for Filthy Rich And Catflap, and your books are pish. Prick.

Discuss! And no fighting, children!

Hey Filthy Rich and Catflap was pretty funny you nonce!

Kind of.

Nowhere near as funny as The Young Ones or Bottom, too much breaking of the fourth wall, too much drawn out dialogue, probably only worth one series.

The episode with the Nolans in it, though, is a belter......

His books are complete bobbins.

I read 'Stark' and it was utter pish.

I started to read 'Gridlock' and gave up after 3 preachy, patronising chapters.

Obseqious little tosspot.

I'm Ben Elton, goodnight.

I'm Diesel, git tae fuck!

Those are two of the three that I haven't read, but his other books are fantastic! Read High Society, or Post Mortem. He's not very entertaining in person though. I think this thread is in outrage.

Those are two of the three that I haven't read, but his other books are fantastic! Read High Society, or Post Mortem. He's not very entertaining in person though. I think this thread is in outrage.

Big up to ze man right here! I like all the Ben Elton books I've read and coupled with Bottom and The Young Ones (Bottom to a lesser extent) I'd be tempted to let him off with a warning in Bad Comedy Court.