aberdeen-music

Bad Religion Appreciation thread!

Shaki

Nice to see a few doffs of the hat to BR in the top 10 bands! They fluctuate between number 1 and number 2 for me depending on my mood. I am absolutely delighted with my recent purchase of the Live at the Palladium DVD. Cracking live stuff and also the story of the band. Amazing lyrics/themes, massive sound, soaring melodies and great harmonies.

Opinons? Favourite album?

I actually think that The Empire Strikes First is their finest work to date. Top 4 outside that - Process of Belief, Stranger than Fiction, Generator, No Control.

The New America is pretty shit by their extremely high standards.

Can't wait for their new one this summer.....

Awesome. You knew I was going to reply quick to this eh? :p

I got into Bad Religion with Process of Belief and I still reckon it's their best. Short, fast, catchy songs rich in wonderful harmonies. Some of the most perfect punk ever!

A very consistent band with all their albums although Stranger than Fiction has a few dodgy moments to me. Generator is my favourite song.

A fantastic live band too, I forgot how good they are until I saw them and rather glad I decided to watch them over the Foo Fighters.

i kinda liked 'the new american' in places :O

fave for me gotta be recipe for hate

tie in second place between no control and against the grain

brilliant band though. show at the barrowlands few years back was beyond belief :)

would really like to see them again actually

I had a ticket for that show but snapped my knee ligaments the day before and couldn't go :( They're doing a massive tour of America at the moment and I guess they'll tour Europe for this new album.

The New America is OK in places, "Believe it" and "I love my Computer" are good songs but overall there seems to be a lot of filler. "No Substance" is slated quite a bit but that was the first one they released after I got into them so it is special to me. Bought it the same day as End Hits by Fugazi. A very chuffed 17 year old that day.

Kirk, you have a wonderful taste in music! :up:

Yeah Bad Religion Rule!!!

I got into them in the early to mid 90's especially with All Ages which is probably the best as it showcases all the best stuff they had done previous but to pick out an best album would probably be Suffer or The Grey Race.

The New America in my mind is absolute balls though and as has already been stated Stranger Than Fiction did have some rather dodgy moments.

Never seen them live though, but with the Along the Way and Live at the Palladium dvds im dying to see em live.

Im sure they will always be in my top 5 favs!!

Also i love Greg Graffin's solo Album Cold as the Clay.greggraffin-coldastheclay250.jpg Good old mellow folk songs. Anyone else heard it?

Yeah Bad Religion Rule!!!

I got into them in the early to mid 90's especially with All Ages which is probably the best as it showcases all the best stuff they had done previous but to pick out an best album would probably be Suffer or The Grey Race.

The New America in my mind is absolute balls though and as has already been stated Stranger Than Fiction did have some rather dodgy moments.

Never seen them live though, but with the Along the Way and Live at the Palladium dvds im dying to see em live.

Im sure they will always be in my top 5 favs!!

Also i love Greg Graffin's solo Album Cold as the Clay.Greg%2520Graffin.jpg Good old mellow folk songs. Anyone else heard it?

I haven't yet but will get it soon. I have American Lesion, Graffin's first solo album, it's alright, does a great "cover" of "Cease" a la Live at the Palladium. I also have a signed copy of his thesis "Evolution, Monism, Atheism, and the Naturalist World View". That's a touch sad I guess...

Where are the dodgy moments on Stranger than Fiction?!!

I haven't yet but will get it soon. I have American Lesion, Graffin's first solo album, it's alright, does a great "cover" of "Cease" a la Live at the Palladium. I also have a signed copy of his thesis "Evolution, Monism, Atheism, and the Naturalist World View". That's a touch sad I guess...

Where are the dodgy moments on Stranger than Fiction?!!

Cool by my standards!! Not Sad!

With Stranger than Fiction it just didnt grab me as most of their other albums cant really put my finger on it as such, im just not that keen, which i think is quite good, two shite albums out of 13 + 1 live and two best of's (80 - 85 and All Ages) :up:

Also i quite like No Substance, I love the start of it where it sounds like Robbie Williams then Blasts into some good ole fast punky shit!!

The first song of theres I heard was "21st Century Digital Boy" way back in the mid 90s, but I didn-t really get into them until I heard "You" while playing Tony Hawks Pre Skater 2, and I went out and bought No Control cos I loved the song. It's a supreme album. Stranger than Fiction is also pretty excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

erm, their best album for me is process of belief, EVERY song, apart from broken is amazing.

the gray race also has my favourite bad religion song, come join us.

i've seen them three times, and they were amazing all times. even though they're a bit of a big venue rock band, which i kinda don't like, i'll always love bad religion.

erm, their best album for me is process of belief, EVERY song, apart from broken is amazing.

the gray race also has my favourite bad religion song, come join us.

i've seen them three times, and they were amazing all times. even though they're a bit of a big venue rock band, which i kinda don't like, i'll always love bad religion.

Heh I thought "come join us" was one of the more duff songs on the album...."Them and us" "A walk" and indeed "The Gray Race" are way up there