aberdeen-music

GFN? presents: 3 Storeys High, The Lobotomies (ex-Dangerfields, Mellow Dramatic) etc

kirkt

GFN? presents...

3 Storeys High Some people may remember the time they played the Malt Mill back in 2005. Really tight pop punk from Derby in the vein of New Found Glory, Fallout Boy, Sugarcult etc. Apparently they signed to Epitaph in the US but don't take my word on that. www.3storeyshigh.co.uk www.myspace.com/3storeyshigh

The Lobotomies Really, really fast punk rock from Belfast featuring Dan Bastard of the Dangerfields and members of Mellow Dramatic (who also played Aberdeen in 2005) www.myspace.com/thelobotomies

E2V Ok, the name for this band hasn't officicially been decided but expect really fast melodic hardcore punk with tints of dub, funk, ska and metal featuring members of The Upstarts and The Planeteers

@ Tunnels, Monday 7th May 2007

7.30pm- 2am (club night on afterwards playing punk, ska, hardcore, reggae, dub, oi, psychobilly etc)

Distro, swap box and I hear cheap drinks too (although don't take my word on that)

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from the poster this is our first ever club night, and we really want to make it a success...so if ure into punk/ska/reggae/oi etc. come along and help strengthen the scene here. We'l have stalls with the gfn? distro/zine's + local bands merch, from Onion Terror to Filthpact and much more. Also we'l have a cd swap box and there will be quite a few drink promo's on. The Club night will continue late after the bands with DJs Kirk and G (whose been sourcing loads of brand new material from up and coming bands around the US/UK to play to u at this gig) so get on down!! 8-)

should the swap box have a theme or just any compilation of music? does it have to be punk/ska/reggae/hardcore genre? i don't really wanna get kirk's mix of paul mccartney b-sides ;)

I think it should be on CD because from personal experience I always do mine on tape and no one can ever play it!

McCartney has some amazing b-sides, I reckon you'd like Heart of the Country if you gave it a listen. However, I am going to put on tracks representative of who influences E2V.

I can't wait for this!

Think I'm gonna go for the no holds barred take on the mix CD.

Looking forward to seeing E2V. I expect a great rock show :D

Ye, well you know what they say, 'ugly people make great musicians', so they should be pretty damn good. in fact i heard they're so good that one of them has already decided to go to america to pursue a solo career.

i think my compilation theme will be 'songs that get me out of bed in the morning'

I think it should be on CD because from personal experience I always do mine on tape and no one can ever play it!

McCartney has some amazing b-sides, I reckon you'd like Heart of the Country if you gave it a listen. However, I am going to put on tracks representative of who influences E2V.

I can't wait for this!

Just downloaded Heart of the Country. not bad, although for some reason i can't get the image of you riding a melancholy donkey through a large field of hay out my head. you might be wearing your planeteers costume...

any costumes for e2v by the way?

Just downloaded Heart of the Country. not bad, although for some reason i can't get the image of you riding a melancholy donkey through a large field of hay out my head. you might be wearing your planeteers costume...

Do you find the image sexual?

I reckon we're going be dressed as GCHC beatdown crew...mosh vests, shaven heads and tattoos. Well Paul might anyway...

In fact, I reckon you should download these 2 McCartney classics right away!

Junk

The Back Seat of My Car

2 of the best songs ever written.

Although probably no one cares: you can get your hands on a limited edition copy of ISSUE 2 of the Good for Nothing? zine, featuring interviews with The King Blues, Pickled Dick and The Mad Conductor, as well as some some opiniony type pieces, CD and gig reviews, Rapunzel's Crusty Corner, and last but not least 'Have I got Loos for you'. All for 50 pence which is cheaper than a can of irn bru and containing less sugar, lowering your chances of diabetes and uneven energy levels - everyone's a winner

Bret Hart sings? Really?

Yeah..well...he talks over cheesy early 90's ballad music :D I can't find it anywhere, but I'll keep looking. The other obscure fact is that the song was written originally for David Hasselhoff, which makes it doubly great, mwahaha...and it was produced by Simon Cowell, or at least Cowell had some sort of involvement, which makes it trebly great. :D

YTMND - Bret Hart : Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye < go here and enjoy ;)

And IRS should have been Intercontinental champ at some point :(

Yeah..well...he talks over cheesy early 90's ballad music :D I can't find it anywhere, but I'll keep looking. The other obscure fact is that the song was written originally for David Hasselhoff, which makes it doubly great, mwahaha...and it was produced by Simon Cowell, or at least Cowell had some sort of involvement, which makes it trebly great. :D

YTMND - Bret Hart : Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye < go here and enjoy ;)

And IRS should have been Intercontinental champ at some point :(

I knew before I read it that it was 'Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye'! My brother Euan bought all that shit on tape as soon as it came out!

The album's awesome :)

I knew before I read it that it was 'Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye'! My brother Euan bought all that shit on tape as soon as it came out!

The album's awesome :)

I managed to find a copy last night after about half an hour of searching :D I had it from years ago on tape, but it's at home...

Mr Perfect's song is simply...perfect :)

Although probably no one cares: you can get your hands on a limited edition copy of ISSUE 2 of the Good for Nothing? zine, featuring interviews with The King Blues, Pickled Dick and The Mad Conductor, as well as some some opiniony type pieces, CD and gig reviews, Rapunzel's Crusty Corner, and last but not least 'Have I got Loos for you'. All for 50 pence which is cheaper than a can of irn bru and containing less sugar, lowering your chances of diabetes and uneven energy levels - everyone's a winner

And regarding said opinion pieces, I'd recommend folks check out Dave's quite excellent piece on political correctness. Definitely worthy of a read. And hey, wrote a piece myself. Called The Revolution Betrayed, it goes some way to explain my dissatisfaction with the anarcho-punk community, or rather with today's community.

The zine overall? Congrats on another fine piece of work. Folks should definitely pick one up. And hey, ya got an interview with the awesome The King Blues too.