aberdeen-music

Your top ten bands of all time?

Lemonade

I thought it might be interesting to gauge who Aberdeen-Music.com's favourite bands are. Not for any reason other than that I am interested in finding out who everybody likes and if there is any particular band that crosses everybody's tastes and is liked by the majority. Thus I'd like you to post, in order, your 10 favourite bands of all time. After a week or so I'll total it all up and see who are the 10 favourites. I realise there's not really much point to this, and it's probably been done before, but it's just for my own interest (plus there's a guy I work with who says the Beatles are shit and didn't do anything original ever, much to my chagrin, and I want to see where they end up on the list).

Here's my top ten to start things off.

1 - The Ramones

2 - The Clash

3 - The Beatles

4 - The Who

5 - Weezer

6 - The Cure

7 - The Doors

8 - Radiohead

9 - The Pixies

10 - The Libertines

Cheers

B.E. :up:

(Incidentally it was tough to leave Pink Floyd off that list, but then I decided after listening to The Division Bell that I can justify missing them out :laughing:)

Gratitude, Frank Turner, Enter Shikari, Dopamine, The Blackout, The Academy Is, Norma Jean, Patrick Wolf, Shiny Toy Guns, AFI...

Thoose are who i have been listening to this morning, my favorites will have changed by next week though, i dont really have "top ten bands of all time" because i get bored and change my mind a lot.

1 - Sonic Youth

2 - 8 (in no particular order) - Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Spiritualized, Radiohead, My Cat Is An Alien, My Bloody Valentine, Boards Of Canada

9 - 10 Depends on my mood..........

Can you put them in order? I'm doing a points system... (yes I realise I am a nerd with far too much time on my hands....)

Can you put them in order? I'm doing a points system... (yes I realise I am a nerd with far too much time on my hands....)

Gaahhhh, ummm............

1 Sonic Youth

2 Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds,

3 Spiritualized,

4 Radiohead

5 My Bloody Valentine

6 Boards Of Canada

7 My Cat Is An Alien

I've also reaslied I can't count.......

Assuming we only speak of rock bands. I probably mainly write what I have been listening to in recent times but I think this is roughly correct for me. I also write my favourite so it is merely a subjective opinion.

In no particular order but if you wish to give points, do it as follows

1. Yes

2. Dream Theater

3. ELP

4. Iron Maiden

5. Stratovarius

6. Steve Vai

7. King Crimson

8. Symphony X

9. Queen

10. Sonata Arctica

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'll have a go:

1. Rupture

2. Agathocles

3. Corrupted

4. Sore Throat

5. Napalm Death ( until "Mentally Murdered")

6. Gauze

7. 324

8. Fear Of God

9. Disclose

10. Repulsion

It'll change within hours, probably...........

Hmm, don't music geeks just love lists?

1. Smashing Pumpkins

2. Nirvana

3. Sonic Youth

4. The Breeders / The Amps

5. R.E.M.

6. David Bowie

7. Pixies

8. Belle and Sebastian

9. Mazzy Star

10. Ryan Adams / Whiskeytown

...If I was to answer this question tomorrow, half of that list would probably be different.