aberdeen-music

Pickups for a Telecaster

Since I have just spend a silly amount of money on a '52 reissue Telecaster, I was thinking about changing the pickups in my other Tele so it doesn't just sit gathering dust. I am not wanting to sell it as it has alot of sentimental value to it since it the first "good" guitar that I ever bought. It is an unusual Telecaster as it is a USA neck and body, but Mexican electrics, and it was assembled in Mexico. I am not keen on routing it, and it would generally be used for rather heavy rock tones, but not metal.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Since I have just spend a silly amount of money on a '52 reissue Telecaster, I was thinking about changing the pickups in my other Tele so it doesn't just sit gathering dust. I am not wanting to sell it as it has alot of sentimental value to it since it the first "good" guitar that I ever bought. It is an unusual Telecaster as it is a USA neck and body, but Mexican electrics, and it was assembled in Mexico. I am not keen on routing it, and it would generally be used for rather heavy rock tones, but not metal.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

get your self a new scratchplate and fit a paf pro humbucker in the neck position, (most teles will not need extra routing as there is space for a bucker in the wood under the scratch plate anyways- but do chek first)

stick a coiltap pot in either vol or tone and you have a monster tele or a more or less standard tele, get yourself a four way selector and you can have the fourth selection as two pickups in series (very common mod)

Maybe you should have got one of these:

Fender Products

?

I think thats the one I want!

Nah, I'm delighted with the guitar I got. I just don't want my other Telecaster to go to waste.

I'm going to look into Lindy Fralins and those Seymour Duncan pickups. Any other suggestions for brands I should look into?

I had a look at the Wizard pickups website and they look pretty cool, no sound clips though.

I'm well impressed with the ones I put in my Epi SG. It rocks. I think I'm going to get another set to put into an old Tanglewood 335 I have for no other reason than to have two great sounding, relatively cheap guitars.

I have played britheguys Epiphone SG with the new Wizard pickups fitted. It sounds great. Really rocks. Money well spent.

I think we tend to underestimate how much the pickups contribute to a guitar's sound. For a modest outlay you can make huge improvements to the tone.