aberdeen-music

NHS dentists in Aberdeen?

Lemonade

I had an abcess once that was about the size of one of those jawbreaker gobstoppers - seriously I couldn't even close my mouth I was so deformed. I maintain the pain was worse than childbirth.

Edit: not that I've ever given birth of course, but there's no way anything can hurt as much as that fucking abcess did.

I had a few days off work with one of those a few years back. I stayed off mainly because i didn't want people to see me like that. It was painful but i've had worse.

My Wisdoms came in and basically destroyed 3 other teeth which are now stumps that i too like to play with with my tongue.

I tried to go to my dentist about a year ago only to find out he died about 9 years ago after having been retired for 2 years.

I always get really bad toothache about once every 6months but i just wait it out. I do become an incredibly moody fucker for about 2 weeks then im fine again.

I maintain the pain was worse than childbirth.

Edit: not that I've ever given birth of course, but there's no way anything can hurt as much as that fucking abcess did.

It probably was. Bad dental/Trigeminal nerve-related pain is up there in the top-5 of the medical pain scale. Indeed, its only competition is a number of serious & terminal conditions. Childbirth comes-in quite a bit lower.

Regarding tooth extractions, are they painful? I've not had any teeth out since I was about 10 but I have the feeling that one of my 'back ones' needs to come out as it's pretty much destroyed. Actually it's not really the pain that would bother me, it's the blood. I'm nae so good around blood :(:puke:

Not really. More like lots of tugging & crunching.

However, things can be very different if the tooth is badly abcessed or the jaw needs cutting - Oh shit! The sensation as that little buzzsaw hits bone is not something I'd like to go through again. Twice is more than enough!

Dr MacPherson was my dentist since day 1. But I've not been to the dentist since he left and I can't remember the name of my new one. I'm pretty sure he's foreign though.

Yeah I had Dr MacPherson as well.....I wasn't much keen on him, a bit too rough and often made my teeth sore after just a simple check up. You've probably got Dr Tawfiquar, he's Dr MacPherson's replacement. He's from Birmingham but originates from India. He's an okay dentist I guess.

B.E: Have you managed to find yourself a dentist yet?

• 5 months later...