aberdeen-music

Looking for some help

Jenny_Reeve

hello

My name is Jenny Reeve and I'm going to be releasing a record this June under the moniker Strike The Colours. I'm looking to book a gig in Aberdeen as part of a small Scottish tour in promotion of the record for the latter part of June and so far have been able to book shows everywhere but Aberdeen. The tour and shows therein will be backed by a full press campaign and I'm looking for anyone who might be able to help me out. So far I have contacted The Tunnels but they said that they hold all their nights in reserve for bigger promoters until a month before the date in question which is no good. I've also contacted Cafe Drummond as I've heard it's a really cool venue but so far I've had no luck either on the phone or via email. Does anyone run a club night that would be interested in booking me and a full-band as part of this tour, or does anyone know of another possible venue I may not have considered yet?

for more information on Stirke The Colours, you can go here: Reeve

or here: www.myspace.com/strikethecolours

you can contact me at: septembersessions@hotmail.com

if anyone could help, that'd be really really great!!

thankyou

Jenny

And since i'm running out of names for fake businesses whilst creating an S3 Prelim paper, Strike the Colours Graphic Design PLC now has pride of place in Question 12.

I've also namedropped Eska, Macrocosmica, Stapleton, Four Tet & Malcolm Middleton.

I don't think i'd get away with Arab Strap somehow!

thanks everyone!!

that's great indeed. Phil, I'll email you now. Ross, I'm flattered that Strike The Colours Graphic Design should become a reality in question 12. Arab Strap Graphic Design would possibly lose you your job! I emailed some of the folk you mentioned Stuart earlier today and so I'm just waiting for a reply now. thanks for all the encouragement. Booking your own shows is a bit deflating, like in a job interview when you get asked why you deserve the job. Anyways, I'll let you know how I get on.

Jxx

• 1 month later...
Everyone that has expressed an interest can catch Jenny and Co at Peacock Visual Arts on the 22nd of June. See Gig and events- Strike The Colours thread for more info :up:

Awesome, glad you managed to help them out Jim. Me and the missus will definitely be down to this the stuff on their myspace page is ace and that Reeve CD i bought at the Idlewild gig in the Loft when Jenny supported them still gets spun on a more than regular basis.

Any ideas on times and stuff?

Awesome, glad you managed to help them out Jim. Me and the missus will definitely be down to this the stuff on their myspace page is ace and that Reeve CD i bought at the Idlewild gig in the Loft when Jenny supported them still gets spun on a more than regular basis.

Any ideas on times and stuff?

Not 100% on the times yet and I will post them on the Gig and events forum. Usual should apply though. Doors at 8pm, first band 8.30. Limited drink variations at these Peacock gigs: Beers and wine and some soft pop...