aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

I'd also say to you SOM boys... If you ever wanna get a gig down the Dundee area (YES, that's right, a gig OUTSIDE Aberdeen!!) then Hellbound are defo worth keeping in with. I wouldn't insult them by putting them on first.... They'll wipe the floor with most bands on the bill Showmanship wise. or, at least they were good to watch when we played with them doon in GlassCow (Dinna want to build them up too much! haha). Just some food for thought.

Bazz

I'd also say to you SOM boys... If you ever wanna get a gig down the Dundee area (YES, that's right, a gig OUTSIDE Aberdeen!!) then Hellbound are defo worth keeping in with. I wouldn't insult them by putting them on first.... They'll wipe the floor with most bands on the bill Showmanship wise. or, at least they were good to watch when we played with them doon in GlassCow (Dinna want to build them up too much! haha). Just some food for thought.

Bazz

OUTSIDE?.....aberdeen? whats that?

but then again, how about the members and the fans of the bands that dont use AB-MU? its a bit unfair making them go on first if they dont even know why??!

i wanna play in dundee

also BRY if you cant find ANYONE willing to go on first you could put Granite Ruin on first of 20 mins or so. if you like. :up:

Hey guys. Ive just been looking over the posts and im not sure when the date of the gig is. Just need an update for it. Also, what is the equipment plan? do we use the drummonds drum kit? Our own guitar setup? etc. Thx.

its sunday oct 21st.

the standard in drummonds is usually this:

amp share between bands or bring your own.

use house drum kit (best to bring as much of your own as humanly possible) though the house kit tends to be missing cymbals, a decent snare and one of the first two toms.

Myth busting time

Hay guys, their seems to be this Myth buzzing about, that Malera have only done 2 or 3 gigs.

Now this is by no means a bitchy message :). Just a message to hopefully disperse any incorrect information floating about.

Malera used to be called Reap. And for two years they gigged solidly before they changed their name to Malera and their lead singer. Other than the name and the lead singer the original line up has remained the same. And also material from when they were known as reap is still being played at gigs today.

I hope this message is both informative and helpful.

TheMaleraFan

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Well i think the line up should be (from last to first)

Bonesaw

Victorious

Hellbound

Statue of Misery

Malera

Downfall

Debassed

(Special guests)

Spike Pile Driver

this is not a dig at any of the bands named just what i think would be a good list for a CRUSHING night oot!

:gringo:

At the risk of throwing a diva-strop Rinky fit, I'm fed up going on first. Even 2nd or 3rd would do me. The later we go on, the more pissed people will be, thus increasing my chances of punting CDr's into their unsuspecting paws.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I cringe at not knowing if we have a practice time for tomorrow.

I cringe at the thought of people who are not bald saying that they're bald, when they're not bald.

At the risk of throwing a diva-strop Rinky fit, I'm fed up going on first. Even 2nd or 3rd would do me. The later we go on, the more pissed people will be, thus increasing my chances of punting CDr's into their unsuspecting paws.

I'm pretty sure our bass player will be working until the early evening anyway, and I'll be busy getting back from church*, so an early start is more 'out' than Aleem Dar's index finger.

Boing!

* - complete lie