aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

Right i was thinking, i was looking to do a raffle for this gig but i was finding it hard to get anything as prizes.

What do the rest of you guys think?!?!

SPD will more than happily donate a selection of over ripe fruit to hurl at some of the pish go nowhere metal bands.

Not naming any Element 106's (sorry, names).

:D

weeping jesus and som used to be tight friends, then one day callum you and your buddies decided to "heckel schmeckel special" us at the moorings. we have you on tape saying "slayer are better than you like" ....really? none of your other 'insults' were much better.

then a few minutes later when none of you notice the camera is on you you're all standing there banging your heads away. then as soon as you realise the camera is on, you resort back to the same two lines you used the whole way through the gig. who was being petty? especially liked it when you said to chi you couldnt help but listen to us when we were in "your" bar. forgive me if im wrong but i though flash owned the moorings.

what happened anyway, where did this "we're better than you" come from? coal chamber couldn't write their way out of a paper bag but their songs (IMO) are heavy, groovin 3 minute monsters. love it. just coz you can wank all the way up and down your fret board means very little (if anything) to me. we may not be able to "compose a piece for an entire symphony orchestra" as you pointed out to us you could....but i wouldnt really want to. i'm in a 5 piece band ffs.

i still like WJ, though not as much now that richard is gone. never heard any of your other band(s?) before. and you used to like hanging and playing gigs with us. so....whats changed?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
SPD will more than happily donate a selection of over ripe fruit to hurl at some of the pish go nowhere metal bands.

Not naming any Element 106's (sorry, names).

:D

Arf! I'll donate a wig for the raffle, one of E106 seems to think he's bald when he's not.

Err, anyway, I'll easily chuck some Spike and Squad CDr's in as raffol prizes if you want, the Squad ones are worth it for the titles alone. If all goes to plan, SPD will have "the Madeleine McCann one" ready to debut...

HOWEVER the unconventional genius of dis - ease surpasses and transcends all incomprehensible matter on earth, let alone the music scene or any bands with their driving bass lines, tight licks and roaring sound. their song structures take your mind on a journey that can closely be described as an out of body experience, really connecting with who you are and the meaning of your mere existence, these guys know what they're doing. i have been witness to some these gigs and the the perfect balance of frequencies used to create their amazing sound, had it been amplified correctly, would have aligned the planets themselves creating balance and perfect harmony throughout the universe. but if this guy wants to deny himself of such an experience then he lost.

TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY.

BillCosbyHiRes_2316x2913.jpg

just like bill

wank.gif

"slayer are way better than you like....."

"don't belittle me!"

(this post has got EVERYTHING! bill cosby....don't wank. good stuff. :popcorn:)

i really couldnt give a fuck to be honest as your band will never effect my life in anyway but i would like to point out 2 things

1. i have never seen you at the moorings.

2. i have never been "tight" friends with any member in the band. as i have never had more than a brief conversation at a gig.

(the reason the first charity gig was busy was mmw played and they brought in a large crowd.)

weeping jesus and som used to be tight friends, then one day callum you and your buddies decided to "heckel schmeckel special" us at the moorings. we have you on tape saying "slayer are better than you like" ....really? none of your other 'insults' were much better.

then a few minutes later when none of you notice the camera is on you you're all standing there banging your heads away. then as soon as you realise the camera is on, you resort back to the same two lines you used the whole way through the gig. who was being petty? especially liked it when you said to chi you couldnt help but listen to us when we were in "your" bar. forgive me if im wrong but i though flash owned the moorings.

what happened anyway, where did this "we're better than you" come from? coal chamber couldn't write their way out of a paper bag but their songs (IMO) are heavy, groovin 3 minute monsters. love it. just coz you can wank all the way up and down your fret board means very little (if anything) to me. we may not be able to "compose a piece for an entire symphony orchestra" as you pointed out to us you could....but i wouldnt really want to. i'm in a 5 piece band ffs.

i still like WJ, though not as much now that richard is gone. never heard any of your other band(s?) before. and you used to like hanging and playing gigs with us. so....whats changed?

I don't care if you like us or not but to set it straight:

What has changed?

Richard LEFT the band, everyone acts like I/we kicked him out, I've been informed that you guys stated 'you'd never come see us or support anything we do without Richard' (or something similar), it never bothered me much anyway BUT Nobody has ANY idea about the situation with Richard, it's between him and us so why take sides?

I dont think I saw the Moorings gig either but I wouldn't take heckling too seriously.

So for me personaly this came from your band 'publicly' saying we're too shit to play on this bill.

I said earlier I have been decent to you guys, talking to you face to face in the pub a few of you have been fine with me but now on a message board you choose to slag my band off.

'Brymon' was decent enough to apologise though, thats cool.

Yes i work in B and Q, it gets me by my uni studies and i get to work with one of my best mates, heven forbid that.

Your whole post is based on utter shite.

i dont even remember seeing you guys at moorings and i would LOVE to see the footage of me headbanging to your shite.

yes you may have gotten heckeled but it happens to Filthpact, Bonesaw, Fuctoff and just about evey band teabags sees or is involved with or likes. its nothing personal, so grow up.

I also never ever said the moorings was my bar, ever. Dont go pedaling your utter shite on public threads in a crap attempt that someone will give a fuck.

i acctually live in a hotel and have 3 of my own bars so why i would even consider saying the moorings was MINE. I genuinly have my own. (not a brag, just a point)

It was a member of YOUR band who insulted us first, and i said to leave it at that.

What music i wright has no bearing on this argument.

Yes i work in B and Q, it gets me by my uni studies and i get to work with one of my best mates, heven forbid that.

Your whole post is based on utter shite.

i dont even remember seeing you guys at moorings and i would LOVE to see the footage of me headbanging to your shite.

yes you may have gotten heckeled but it happens to Filthpact, Bonesaw, Fuctoff and just about evey band teabags sees or is involved with or likes. its nothing personal, so grow up.

I also never ever said the moorings was my bar, ever. Dont go pedaling your utter shite on public threads in a crap attempt that someone will give a fuck.

i acctually live in a hotel and have 3 of my own bars so why i would even consider saying the moorings was MINE. I genuinly have my own. (not a brag, just a point)

It was a member of YOUR band who insulted us first, and i said to leave it at that.

What music i wright has no bearing on this argument.

okay.

but why do you keep coming into our forum and reading/posting?

Right, I am offshore the noo, but i am hame the morn. I had asked Chi666 ( maybe not the best idea)!!! :up: to get in touch with Drummonds and find out shit, I dont think he had any joy though.

Ill gto into Drummonds in the next couple of days to find oot!

Im struggling, because of the calibre of acts that are involed, to think who should go on first!! Trying to fit in everyones ego's!!!!

Anyone want to go on first? round about 3:15 - 3:45!!

I was gonna have 15 minutes between each band with a break of about an hour in the eve about 6ish till 8ish or there aboots!!

Ill find oot more and let you guys know!!

Cheers for your paitence! :up:

This thread is a fucking joke. I have yet to hear a Metal band from Aberdeen that i like. Since the Korpse & Inextremis days anyway. I'm not saying they are all shite. Just, I don't like 'em. So in short.... YER AW PISH!!!

Heckles are ace! Why the hell would you spit the dummy out on a forum because of heckles? tut, tut. Why is it that the Aberdeen music scene always has bands squabbling with each other? Especially the Metal scene i notice. Aren't we all in it for the same reason? I guess if we were closer to another city the squabbles may be aimed in that direction. Everyone seems too preoccupied with slagging each other off than turning up to gigs though. It's a shame and will only cause our scene more harm than good.. The joys of being inbred ,sheep shaggin cheuchters i guess!! haha

I still think Dis-Ease should be a "D" Beat band though!! haha

Ooka

i really couldnt give a fuck to be honest as your band will never effect my life in anyway but i would like to point out 2 things

2. i have never been "tight" friends with any member in the band. as i have never had more than a brief conversation at a gig.

(the reason the first charity gig was busy was mmw played and they brought in a large crowd.)

they brought an alright crowd, but then so did everyone else.

i never meant you as such. mainly empty words, sloth and (jason....dont know what his screen name is.....if he has one?)

This thread is a fucking joke. I have yet to hear a Metal band from Aberdeen that i like. Since the Korpse & Inextremis days anyway. I'm not saying they are all shite. Just, I don't like 'em. So in short.... YER AW PISH!!!

Heckles are ace! Why the hell would you spit the dummy out on a forum because of heckles? tut, tut. Why is it that the Aberdeen music scene always has bands squabbling with each other? Especially the Metal scene i notice. Aren't we all in it for the same reason? I guess if we were closer to another city the squabbles may be aimed in that direction. Everyone seems too preoccupied with slagging each other off than turning up to gigs though. It's a shame and will only cause our scene more harm than good.. The joys of being inbred ,sheep shaggin cheuchters i guess!! haha

I still think Dis-Ease should be a "D" Beat band though!! haha

Ooka

i think im going to adopt that attitude. you just hit it on the head there.

the metal scene sufferes enough from lack of interest and this bickering doesnt help. so from hitherforth i shall only post bill cosby or something more positive. seriously. except when it comes to mr maxwell but he's been worryingly quiet lately

you guys in WJ up for an end to the BS?

emmmmm MMW did not play that gig man it was

Element 106

Weeping Jesus

Statue of Misery

Identity

Hollow Point

no arguing just saying

(i think it was busy cos S.o.Ms guitarist andys little sister brought all her mates)