aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

Hey there,

We are planning to do a charity gig in Sept for the charity Children 1st (The Scottish equivalent of the NSPCC).

CHILDREN 1ST >> Home

Children 1st have an office in Aberdeen, where i have been to discuss things with the fundraising assistants. Monies raised should go to Aberdeen as opposed to everywhere and anywhere around Britian, which is what i was looking for.

I may have a couple of bands confirmed pending dates (Hog?)

I have been round some companies etc asking for donations to a raffle etc.

I spoke to my own company who seem to be giving me quite a substancial donation, which is very kind of them.

One problem i am having though is finding a suitable venue. I would like to use the tunnels again however, i may like somewhere a bit bigger.

Anywhoo, if anyone is interested in helping out with anything, any bands willing to play etc it would be very much apprieciated .

Nothing is to small and all counts.

P.M me or post up here.

Cheers

BRY

Hey there,

We are planning to do a charity gig in Sept for the charity Children 1st (The Scottish equivalent of the NSPCC).

CHILDREN 1ST >> Home

Children 1st have an office in Aberdeen, where i have been to discuss things with the fundraising assistants. Monies raised should go to Aberdeen as opposed to everywhere and anywhere around Britian, which is what i was looking for.

I may have a couple of bands confirmed pending dates (Hog?)

I have been round some companies etc asking for donations to a raffle etc.

I spoke to my own company who seem to be giving me quite a substancial donation, which is very kind of them.

One problem i am having though is finding a suitable venue. I would like to use the tunnels again however, i may like somewhere a bit bigger.

Anywhoo, if anyone is interested in helping out with anything, any bands willing to play etc it would be very much apprieciated .

Nothing is to small and all counts.

P.M me or post up here.

Cheers

BRY

Dry dude fucjin right man! Iwanna play thid with element1 I think you asked us already? but i gonnma go chcek man! :D

Are you a bit pished James?

Yeah i asked you guys last Sunday. Just making sure!!! :up:

Yeah dudwe i been our rojf9fgr JS DWWO -EWRRT SE9JO P0P

I THink hog pro isad yeah we'd playt and i will make sure cos its ages away and e1-6 staytye gigs are ace man!

btw clenching fitsts of disssent yy machine head is fucking ace!

• Upvote 1

Yeah dudwe i been our rojf9fgr JS DWWO -EWRRT SE9JO P0P

I THink hog pro isad yeah we'd playt and i will make sure cos its ages away and e1-6 staytye gigs are ace man!

btw clenching fitsts of disssent yy machine head is fucking ace!

Yep they are awsome, especially when we can go oot and get fucked afterwords!!!

Which will defo be happening after this one!!

Oh and that new Machine Head Album is the bollocks like, so much better than i expected anyway.!!

You think your easily going to get 300+ for this gig, thats a bit ambitious isnt it? Im sure when i made an appearance at a e106 SOM charity gig there was about 10 people standing in the lower section of the Tunnels.

you obviously missed the first one when the misfits weren't playing on the same night. over 300 folk easy. they had to call for 2 extra bouncers.

haters can F.O.A.D

You think your easily going to get 300+ for this gig, thats a bit ambitious isnt it? Im sure when i made an appearance at a e106 SOM charity gig there was about 10 people standing in the lower section of the Tunnels.

its all about advertismet and promotion. theres pleanty of people in aberdeen, 300 + nae problem.

I will give you it that it's ambitious, but not impossible. The gig I did for stroke awareness was a great night straight through with 150+ with very small amounts of advertising done. It could be done, so long as its advertised through the right places and people.

I will give you it that it's ambitious, but not impossible. The gig I did for stroke awareness was a great night straight through with 150+ with very small amounts of advertising done. It could be done, so long as its advertised through the right places and people.

Thats exactly what i've started doing now. Also Children 1st are gonna do a couple of press releases, ive got intouch with Northsound aswell. As soon as i have dates bands etc confirmed i will start with the posters and i am planning putting them everywhere paper and electronically.

But all said and done, whats wrong with a bit of ambition!!! :up:

Thats exactly what i've started doing now. Also Children 1st are gonna do a couple of press releases, ive got intouch with Northsound aswell. As soon as i have dates bands etc confirmed i will start with the posters and i am planning putting them everywhere paper and electronically.

But all said and done, whats wrong with a bit of ambition!!! :up:

Abseloutely nothing wrong at all and if there's anything I can help you out with give me a shout. Any posters that need putting up I can do the stonehaven area. :up:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update:

I still dont have a date or a venue yet, however i do have a list of bands (but all this could change). So far im gonna have, in no particular order:

Element 106

Downfall

Victorius

Debassed, and last but not least

Statue of Misery.

I am however still looking for some ideas on how to get some raffle prizes and some opinions on venues, so again if anyone has any ideas please gimme a shout!!

Cheers

Bry