aberdeen-music

TBreak 2007 Heats

KevinTGF

Didn't one of them used to be in Josephine who were from here originally.

Oh yeah, the bass player. A bit tenuous to claim as an Aberdeen band though, if they were mostly from Aberdeen or the band had been formed here I might not have to laugh in the face of Aberdeen Journals.

Guest idol_wild

Well done to the kids who qualified.

Good luck to PVH and Fiction/Action - two bands who are personal local faves of mine. PVH, as Maxi said, have a fucking tough group though.

Fiction/Action only have to worry about San Sebastian.

'Mon the Aberdeen crew.

I don't think it's x bands from each night that go through,. They always used to have a look at everyone and then decide. Can't see why they would've changed that.

Its not been mentioned in any of the bumpf. There's 8 gigs and 12 bands get selected for T in the Park so I guess that could be right unless there's a UEFA style 4 best runners up...

If Halford wasn't wearing those leather breeks I'd have sworn that was PVH!

http://www.culturedeluxe.com/

Live - To My Boy / Miss the Occupier

Aberdeen Tunnels, 23rd April 2007

As you may have heard, the Shitdisco tour has been brought to an abrupt halt after lead singer Joel Stone took ill in Aberdeen on Monday afternoon and understandably missed that night's show due to being hospitalised. However, the show carried on with tour support To My Boy and local heroes Miss the Occupier in the picture of health.

Now, it's not often that the drummer steals the show, but tonight local sticksman and sometime standup comic Biz the drummer is sitting in for Miss the Occupier. Armed with a syn drum artillery and frequently checking some hastily-written instructions, it's very hard to take your eyes of Mr Biz as he keeps perfect time while flamboyantly twirling his sticks between beats.

However, to focus on the Biz sideshow would be a serious disservice to the regular members of Glasgow's Miss the Occupier here tonight, namely bassist / vocallist Roz (with pink hair and matching fishnets) and guitarist Magnus (no pink at all). Their heavily Sonic Youth-influenced yin matches their Britpop yang - like a raw Sleeper crossed with a placid Siouxsie and the Banshees - perfectly and with tracks like 'Girlfriend Go Crazy' in their arsenal, they're on the verge of great things.

"This songs called 'Nothing is Perfect'" announces Roz and, almost on cue, Biz spectacularly loses his drumstick during the first bar, grabbing another from his seemingly infinite supply and continuing. Great fun.

connect final & your sound at King Tuts

We have just found out that we are through to the final of the unsigned stage at the Connect Festival in September and we have also been included in this months Your Sound at King Tuts.

It's quite mental as it means we are at King Tuts on the 6th for Your Sound, 8th for T -break and 12th supporting Six nation state! Is that a king tuts record?!

www.myspace.com\thelittlekicks

We have just found out that we are through to the final of the unsigned stage at the Connect Festival in September and we have also been included in this months Your Sound at King Tuts.

It's quite mental as it means we are at King Tuts on the 6th for Your Sound, 8th for T -break and 12th supporting Six nation state! Is that a king tuts record?!

Great news!

Not a bad wee week for the Little Kicks! You going to mix the sets up?

Sunday is suppossed to be an industry style seminar thing and they announce the Your Sound winner at the end of the night so at least we don't have to play then but the DJ will be playing our tunes! We do have two different sets though for T-break & six nation state. Can't wait to play Tuts!

We played our gig on Saturday night at Liquidrooms. Brilliant sound and outstandingly smooth and professional running of the event. 20 minute set went past in a blur. The other bands were all pretty good at what they do. Tough competiton to get through to T in the Park but a fantastic experience anyway. Good luck to the other Aberdeen bands this week at Tuts :up: