aberdeen-music

Avril Lavigne

Lemonade

I've been reading interviews and stuff with her recently when she's been saying that she doesn't wear all the skater clothes and stuff any more because when she hit the scene she was only 17 and now she's all married and growed up.

But have you heard her new single? it sounds like something a 12 year old could have written. What a blizzard of shit. Is that supposed to be 'grown up' music?

Incidentally I would still bang her till her head fell off but that's not the point. :love:

the mandarin just doesn't work as she tries to squeeze about 20 syllables into each line of the chorus.

She kind of does that already with "and that's what everyone's talkin' about!"

And yet I think I love her. =( She's the 'one and only' princess.

ps. If you don't have/can't be assed with iTunes, you can listen (in a horribly low bitrated way) to the different versions if you search on RADIO.BLOG.CLUB.

*Hey hey, you you.....*

It does a bit doesn't it. The japanese chorus is really catchy... Thankfully i still refuse to get a proper itunes account as my debit card would just haemorrhage money if i was to get one, so I shant being buying it. But aye the madarin version just doesn't work... at all.

She also looks gorgeous in the video for this song. :up:

I have had the misfortune of hearing the new album, and every song just sounds like 'hey mickey'.

And I thought her previous 2 albums had some decent moments here and there.

Deryk Whibley should be happy with himself though...

EDIT: Noticed how she hasn't taken his name and called herself Avril Whibley - which is quite possibly the funniest combination of names you could ever wish to not be called.

I have had the misfortune of hearing the new album, and every song just sounds like 'hey mickey'.

And I thought her previous 2 albums had some decent moments here and there.

Deryk Whibley should be happy with himself though...

EDIT: Noticed how she hasn't taken his name and called herself Avril Whibley - which is quite possibly the funniest combination of names you could ever wish to not be called.

The whole album is really, really bubblegum. It sounds almost like J-pop in places it's so unashamedly cheerful and cheesy. There are a couple of obligatory slow numbers for the emo kids though.

• 2 years later...
I've been reading interviews and stuff with her recently when she's been saying that she doesn't wear all the skater clothes and stuff any more because when she hit the scene she was only 17 and now she's all married and growed up.

So, did she get too old for skateboarding? Or did she just give it up? Or did she never skateboard, thus LYING TO US ALL?!

I bet she doesn't even play that guitar either. I'm going to punch her.