aberdeen-music

Towers of London Music Hall 11th April 2007

Biz

The lights dimmed and an eerie siren haunted us from the PA, Towers of London came on stage looking like they were ready to go 20 rounds with Tyson, they made noises like Zodiac Mindwarp, The Sex Pistols and Manic Street Preachers and were scary and silly and very loud, they rocked like bastards and Donny manouvered the crowd into a frenzy of hate, pint after pint of beer and numerous objects were thrown at the band and they loved it, Donny catching a towel whilst looking in the opposite direction was cool as hell and he risked death by diving into the crowd and surprisingly emerged still alive .

He constantly heckled the crowd for wasting their beer, urging them to drink it, calling them idiots and sheep shaggers, climping onto the barrier and crawling over the crowd, but the attention was focused on the whole band, they sounded like a band, looked like a band, and I would go to see them again, because they wear hair product? nah, cos they are worth it.

Any band who incites the crowd to throw electrolytic fluid (i.e. beer/piss) anywhere near any electrical supplies I may be linked to is a CUNT. It's not funny, it's not even past primary school level humour! It's my fucking life in their sub-human hands and several small bits of plastic and metal I have to hope are working properly.

Pricks! I've had enough amperes by accident I don't need them by design.

Normally I would agree

I knew it would be chaos, they are weel kent for their bad boy antics.

It usually really annoys me when pricks throw beer and fags at gigs, but, as I wasn't doing load out there I enjoyed it.

I then had to endure Westlife, but at least their fans threw boxes of chocolates and cuddly toys, the bright orange Nessie in a kilt would have been my choice for first prize in the "Tackiest piece of shite made in Taiwan to grace the stage for ages " competition.

Security had it away with the chocolates, the greedy fuckers.

The lights dimmed and an eerie siren haunted us from the PA, Towers of London came on stage looking like they were ready to go 20 rounds with Tyson, they made noises like Zodiac Mindwarp, The Sex Pistols and Manic Street Preachers and were scary and silly and very loud, they rocked like bastards and Donny manouvered the crowd into a frenzy of hate, pint after pint of beer and numerous objects were thrown at the band and they loved it, Donny catching a towel whilst looking in the opposite direction was cool as hell and he risked death by diving into the crowd and surprisingly emerged still alive .

He constantly heckled the crowd for wasting their beer, urging them to drink it, calling them idiots and sheep shaggers, climping onto the barrier and crawling over the crowd, but the attention was focused on the whole band, they sounded like a band, looked like a band, and I would go to see them again, because they wear hair product? nah, cos they are worth it.

Let's face it, they are shite - the music is so bad that LA Guns would reject it for being too naff for even using as a B-Side.

However, i pissed myself laugning last night - getting the neds worked into a hateful frenzy was brilliant.

can't quite decide if it's the best or worst thing I've seen in ages.

I've never seen the point in throwing beer at the stage. When I saw Graham Coxon at Moshulu an almost full pint of lager flew at the stage and hit his guitar. Which was not only a waste of beer, but could have quite easily broken all the amps and the guitar pedals scattered around the stage. Plus I don't know about mr Coxon, but if someone threw beer at my guitar I'd be pretty pissed off about it.

Let's face it, they are shite - the music is so bad that LA Guns would reject it for being too naff for even using as a B-Side.

However, i pissed myself laugning last night - getting the neds worked into a hateful frenzy was brilliant.

can't quite decide if it's the best or worst thing I've seen in ages.

Oi! Nae bashin the Guns :swearing: They kick ass! :up:

I've yet to actually hear Towers of London but after seeing that bell-end on Big Bro and Never mind the Buzzcocks I've pretty much made my mind up already that I'm going to hate them.

"Donny is smoking! Cigarettes that you can legally buy from a shop! I'll try to continue, but I am shocked to the very core!"

That oh-so rock n roll attitude was cuntish and clichd when Axl was doing it 20 years ago, these kids today eh? Do they never learn?