aberdeen-music

Chris Coleman sacked

Sam 45

Guest idol_wild

Also, anyone else think Maxi's the spit of Wigan's Paul Jewell?

That is fucking amazing.

Back on topic: I used to have a soft spot for Fulham, but now I wish multiple relegations upon them. Coleman did a quiet yet remarkable job down there. Fulham will never be a club that wins trophies and, frankly, they've been punching above their weight for several years now.

Hopefully they now fall.

Guest DustyDeviada
That is fucking amazing.

Back on topic: I used to have a soft spot for Fulham, but now I wish multiple relegations upon them. Coleman did a quiet yet remarkable job down there. Fulham will never be a club that wins trophies and, frankly, they've been punching above their weight for several years now.

Hopefully they now fall.

Funny how people have a soft spot for Fulham but everybody hates Chelsea for "buying success" when Al Fayed basically did the same as Abramovich, albeit on a smaller scale.

Funny how people have a soft spot for Fulham but everybody hates Chelsea for "buying success" when Al Fayed basically did the same as Abramovich, albeit on a smaller scale.

Whit??! I don't think anybody begrudges a team's owner splashin a bitta cash and buying some good new players. But Abramovich didn't do that. He basically bought an entire new squad for Chelsea, paying way over the odds for average players, and for some very good players. He steamrolled over the competition with his limitless bankroll. He bought Chelsea success. Al Fayed bought Fulham some good players and improved the ground. The two cannot be compared, in my opinion.

love from christy

Guest idol_wild

I actually had a soft spot for Fulham because when I was 14 I had a really successful game of Championship Manager with them.

And I don't particularly hate Chelsea. I hate Arsenal and Newcastle considerably more.

And Middlesborough.

Guest DustyDeviada
Whit??! I don't think anybody begrudges a team's owner splashin a bitta cash and buying some good new players. But Abramovich didn't do that. He basically bought an entire new squad for Chelsea, paying way over the odds for average players, and for some very good players. He steamrolled over the competition with his limitless bankroll. He bought Chelsea success. Al Fayed bought Fulham some good players and improved the ground. The two cannot be compared, in my opinion.

love from christy

Well, I don't claim to be an expert on Fulham, but if memory serves they were in the third division when he bought them and were promoted three times within five years or something. I would call that steamrolling the competition with a limitless bankroll, but it might bed worth asking the fans of some of the teams who missed out on promotion because of Fulham's spending power what they thought about Al Fayed "splashin a bitta cash" [sic].

love from dusty ;)