aberdeen-music

Appeal for Victim and any Witnesses to an Assault

Flash@TMB

On Friday this 6th Arpil going into Saturday 7th April between 3am and 4am a young man was attacked by 2 neds on the corner of Union Street and Bridge Street. One of the neds hand ginger hair and was wearing a gold chain round his neck. The victim was described as "probably a Moshulu go-er".

A friend of mine, whom I shall refer to as Mr X, was sitting with a female friend at King Edwards Statue. He saw the victim on the ground with the 2 neds on top punching and kicking him. Mr X ran across the road, pulled the neds off, got the victim to his feet, and sent him on his way home.

The neds then turned their attentions to Mr X, who warned them off, and then crossed the road back to his female companion. The neds followed him and started on him. Mr X floored both the neds using the minimum of force. He even helped them to their feet afterwards.

10 mins later a police patrol picked up Mr X on route home, and charged him with breach of the peace. He had to spend 2 hours in a police cell, was finger printed, and had his DNA sample taken. The police claimed that only the second incident, Mr X vs the 2 neds, had been captured on CCTV. Incidentally both neds declined to press charges.

If either the victim of the original attack, or a witness to that came forward then Mr X would almost certainly be exhonorated. So if you are reading this and are able to help, then please contact me by PM so that we can ensure that your statement is linked to the correct incident number.

That is all.

On Friday this 6th Arpil going into Saturday 7th April between 3am and 4am a young man was attacked by 2 neds on the corner of Union Street and Bridge Street. One of the neds hand ginger hair and was wearing a gold chain round his neck. The victim was described as "probably a Moshulu go-er".

A friend of mine, whom I shall refer to as Mr X, was sitting with a female friend at King Edwards Statue. He saw the victim on the ground with the 2 neds on top punching and kicking him. Mr X ran across the road, pulled the neds off, got the victim to his feet, and sent him on his way home.

The neds then turned their attentions to Mr X, who warned them off, and then crossed the road back to his female companion. The neds followed him and started on him. Mr X floored both the neds using the minimum of force. He even helped them to their feet afterwards.

10 mins later a police patrol picked up Mr X on route home, and charged him with breach of the peace. He had to spend 2 hours in a police cell, was finger printed, and had his DNA sample taken. The police claimed that only the second incident, Mr X vs the 2 neds, had been captured on CCTV. Incidentally both neds declined to press charges.

If either the victim of the original attack, or a witness to that came forward then Mr X would almost certainly be exhonorated. So if you are reading this and are able to help, then please contact me by PM so that we can ensure that your statement is linked to the correct incident number.

That is all.

Unfucking believeable - I really hope your friend gets it sorted out. For what it's worth, he did (morally) the right thing. Been there.

Those CCTV things are a crock of shit, half the cameras don't even work. A few years ago I got a right doing from a couple neds in Harriet Street (the lane between Schoolhill and George Street), the police promised me they would look for CCTV footage, however they came back a week later and said there was none, despite the fact there was and still is a camera pointed right to the spot where I was lying on the floor getting kicked in the face. They also told me I was wasting police time by pursuing the charges and asked me to drop them. I know they do a difficult job but they just weren't fucking interested.

• 1 year later...