aberdeen-music

Channel 4 tonight - Saxon!

Shaki

Could be amusing...

Get Your Act Together with Harvey Goldsmith

Tuesday 10 April

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

Series following legendary Live 8 promoter Harvey Goldsmith as he attempts to help struggling entertainment acts revive their careers. Despite enjoying success in Europe and South America, British heavy metal veterans Saxon are struggling to attract an audience in the UK with their outmoded image and sound. But Harvey has his work cut out in trying to persuade head honcho Biff Byford that a change in direction is crucial for the band's future.

Could be amusing...

Get Your Act Together with Harvey Goldsmith

Tuesday 10 April

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

Series following legendary Live 8 promoter Harvey Goldsmith as he attempts to help struggling entertainment acts revive their careers. Despite enjoying success in Europe and South America, British heavy metal veterans Saxon are struggling to attract an audience in the UK with their outmoded image and sound. But Harvey has his work cut out in trying to persuade head honcho Biff Byford that a change in direction is crucial for the band's future.

I usually hate that moronic reborn/makeover pish - but I'll record this (finale of Life on Mars will take precedence of course) - if only to see what they can do with Biff's big ugly scone!

Did anyone watch it?

It was hilarious!

Their manager - quite possibly the most useless cunt in history - wa clearly modelled on the moron that David Brent had for a manager in the last episodes of "The Office". He looked like he'd come straight off an Indian Reservation and was utterly clueless.

As for the "World Air Guitar Record" at Hillsborough - I'm one of the older guys on this site and never in my life have I witnessed anything quite as cringeworthy as that debacle!

Hairy, flabby middle-aged men standing in the centre circle of a half-empty stadium, while the Sunderland fans chant "Who Are Ye?, Who Are Ye?". Awful.

Embarrasingly, I share my name with one of the band :O

It was fucking hilarious! Biff was clearly a cock. The world air guitar record was amazingly cringeworthy. What happened at the end? I missed the last 15 mins.

They had a very succesful gig in Sheffield and their new album went in at #4 in "The Rock Charts" (whatever that means)

Damn, wish I'd seen this.

One of my mates from the Moorings (many years ago) was their guitar tech.

Anyone remember Wookie ? His sister designed the mermaid on the flying V logo

That was in 1984, which is a scary 23 years ago! I recognise the name though, didn't the sister also work behind the bar at one time?

That was in 1984, which is a scary 23 years ago! I recognise the name though, didn't the sister also work behind the bar at one time?

I drank in the Moorings from 1985 onwards, I didn't know his sister directly. wookie drank there all the time I was there (about 7 years). I believe he ended up moving to Germany.

It was John and Helen and her sister (cant remember her name sorry) that were behind the bar. With Wiz and Mike on occassion.

...showing my age amn't I ?

Great days though. We used to have a riot at the back and don't know how we weren't all banned.