aberdeen-music

Dons for Europa?

Benji

Bottled it again yesterday.

Considine was murder, but he's only 19 and as long as he learns that's fine. Not saying he's off the hook or above critisicm, but he has to learn to be a better player.

A true man of the match performance by Foster who I used to slate and say had no place at the club yesterday - most of the team could have learned something from him yesterday. His goal was goal of the season for Aberdeen - truly stunning and even more so from a guy playing left back. He was further up the park than the frankly shocking Jamie Smith and Chris Clark yesterday. Smith's clearly not fit and it's a joke he's back in the first team without any reserve action.

Mackie is directly responsible for us losing the game. I never like to single one out but his penalty was dire - beyond dire in fact when we needed a bit of composure. His miss at the end summed up his contribution yesterday. Langfield was utter pish again and if Jimmy can't see how utterly undependable and poor this guy is the worse we will do.

Brewster looked exactly like a 40 year old man trying to keep up with a bunch of kids way younger than him. He was fucking awful and I'm just so glad we cheered for Lovell to let Jimmy know exactly how shite he is and how much better Steve is.

Seve - couldn't get a grip of the game and too willing to pass the buck again.

We can't win when we play against 10 men for most of the 2nd half. We can't even beat 9 men. At home for fuck's sake.

Time for a reality check - Jimmy's tactics are woeful. Jimmy is a clown. We are big time bottlers. The Pittodrie atmosphere is dire. It's no wonder there are "stay away" fans.

Dundee United, who beat us 4 -2 at Pittodrie last week got beat by Dunfermline. Who are second bottom (no offence, Jake.)

There's no excuses - we are failing to win games when it really counts. Thank God Rangers beat Hearts to keep us in it. It would be so sweet to stick it down the throat of the Lithuanian banker and his seemingly everlasting cheque book by getting to third place by spending little cash and having a pool of players who are 95% Scottish (Five Aberdonians played yesterday.) No matter how shite we are, no matter how lucky we are, no matter how bad everyone else is, this is still our team with our boys.

I agree with that 100%. Saves me typing it all out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant see us getting anything less than 3 points against killie.

That's what we said going into the United game and Saturday's game was a "must win." Look what happened there.

I honestly think no fan can now say "we will win" or "can't see us losing" anymore. Like I said yesterday - time for a reality check - every game is a struggle.

Okay, I may be wrong and we might thrash them, but I think the whole culture of asuming we will win games (or at least go in the favourites) outwith the Old Firm is redundant. The simple fact is until we have a bit of direction and consistency at the club we can never assume we will win ANY game.

That said Saturday may well decide whether we make it into Europe or not so I HOPE we can get a result. Whether the players will realise they are playing for a European place, let alone in the SPL and not Sunday League will be a different story.

We need to ship out some of the shite in the summer, ie Byrne, Langfield, Soutar, Dan Smith, Brewster and a few others. We're paying Touzani to sit on the bench every week. We really need a decent left back so we can let Foster play in a more attacking position which is his strength. Diamond has looked an absolute donkey for most of this season and last and he needs to start getting back to his best or he'll end up at somewhere shite like Ross County or Livingston. Jamie Smith is clearly unfit and needs a good pre-season to get back in shape, but I wouldn't play him again this season till he is match fit. Nicholson has shown some good flashes (remember that free kick against united? Peach!), but he hides when things aren't going our way and becomes anonymous, just getting rid of the ball quickly in case he fucks up and the fans get on his back. I don't know quite what to make of Lee Miller but so far I haven't been impressed with him. Hopefully Daal can come back next season and do something. Lovell and Mackie should be our first choice strikers in my opinion as they are generally fairly dependable to get a goal, and at least look like they are trying. The problem is that none of our players are worth anything, and if we do get rid of the shite we'll still be looking for free transfers as we're not going to get any cash for our rejects.

Still, remember things could always be worse. We could still have John Stewart and Scott Muirhead.

Player of the season for me would be Chris Clark. He always gives his all for the cause and never stops running.

(though I have been an "armchair fan" since February as I had to leave the country. I get back to the Deen this Friday so I'll be able to catch the last few home games).

How anyone can think Chris Clark is player of the season is beyond me. Versatile yes, but pretty useless in every position.

Blouses out of anything resembling a tackle and his shooting and passing are erratic to say the least.

Still, maybe that's just because i don't rate him. Still nowhere near as terrible as Richie Byrne or Langfield though.

Aye. I always say i'm not going back, but always go back for more abuse.

It's a curse supporting the Dons.... always guaranteed to let you down.

It totally is a curse. Since I've been a fan they've won 1 fucking trophy.. the stinking Coca Cola Cup !! :swearing:

Mon 'e dons imorn.. We need this result so bad.. Guaranteed 5-1 win for Killie I bet ya :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unashamed to say... I'M A DUNFERMLINE FAN

Yeah, you heard it. We're relegated. Gutter. I was there when we went down, almost the worst day of my life. Still, we have Europe to look forward to next season, and I seriously reckon we can take Celtic at Hampden.

Plus, if the Dons get into Europe, that's almost like two Dunfermlines. Seriously, could you poach any more of our players if you tried?! Bastards.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm unashamed to say... I'M A DUNFERMLINE FAN

Yeah, you heard it. We're relegated. Gutter. I was there when we went down, almost the worst day of my life. Still, we have Europe to look forward to next season, and I seriously reckon we can take Celtic at Hampden.

Plus, if the Dons get into Europe, that's almost like two Dunfermlines. Seriously, could you poach any more of our players if you tried?! Bastards.

A fellow Par! Welcome! I also reckon the Tims are there for the taking, we might as well go for it as there's fuck all to lose. Let's hope we can give Neil Lennon the send-off he so richly deserves i.e. a broken leg and a loser's medal.

Wonder how many of our squad Tango'll cherry-pick this summer?

Please, take Byrne and Langfield back. We're getting rid of Dempsey already thankfully.

Yeah Byrne was a joke and Langfield couldn't get a game for us.

Dempsey is good and you know it.

Also, Barry Nic, that was the most bitter treachery of them all.

Not to mention your management team.

A fellow Par! Welcome! I also reckon the Tims are there for the taking, we might as well go for it as there's fuck all to lose. Let's hope we can give Neil Lennon the send-off he so richly deserves i.e. a broken leg and a loser's medal.

Wonder how many of our squad Tango'll cherry-pick this summer?

Hero! Yeah Lennon needs a kicking, man-marked by big Nipper, thats what I say.

The gutter is that O'Brien, Hammill, probably Wilson, possibly De Vries, etc, etc are going to leave in the summer. I have a sinking feeling our best player will be Jim of the Hamilton variety...

Guest DustyDeviada
I have a sinking feeling our best player will be Jim of the Hamilton variety...

You can keep him, we've been there, done that.

I had a pal who worked at Pittodrie while Hamilton was there, and he told me that even Jim Leighton used to be able to outsprint him.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Hero! Yeah Lennon needs a kicking, man-marked by big Nipper, thats what I say.

The gutter is that O'Brien, Hammill, probably Wilson, possibly De Vries, etc, etc are going to leave in the summer. I have a sinking feeling our best player will be Jim of the Hamilton variety...

My Partick-supporting drummer tells me that Man U are coming up for Nipper's testimonial. They could have tried a bit harder...........

Shields is definitely going to stay, and Burchill signed a one-year extension when Kenny had just started and we were well adrift. Hopefully the carrot of Europe will be enough to keep more players, and I'm hoping for a SLIGHTLY better run than two seasons ago.

*shudder*

Never mind, a visit to the Glasgow Programme Fair tomorrow should lift the spirits.