aberdeen-music

Dons for Europa?

Benji

Hmm, 4-2 At home.

Bit of kick in the nuts, typical though. We knew this would happen sooner or later but we all hoped after the Ibrox game that we had learned how to defend a bit more competitively. But na, na we show just how inept and undetermined we are to get somewhere. There's still a chance to get into the Champions League, but it would take some amazing results and based on today's affair I doubt that'll come easily. Can we even look forward to the UEFA cup?

Hearts will no doubt be the final nail on the coffin, they only need a win to overtake us and they are the type of dicks that will. A lesson to teams like us - If you can't afford the position get out of it.

It would be a fairytale story to finish second, it would have great repurcussions for the Scottish game and would send out the message that funds don't always guarantee success. I think it would be great if a team outside of the Old Firm and Hearts could qualify to the CL every season, the quality of wage budgets would allow more flexability in the transfer market for a lot of teams.

If we did somehow get into the CL I wonder what kind of shrewd signings Jimmy would make that would keep us in a competitive position for a few years, aww its so annoying we lost the day, just wish we could see the bigger picture and play every game like it's a Cup Final. Silly Arabs, take your win and enjoy East End Park when your in the bottom six!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen are still in prime spot for the uefa cup though: they have to play the same teams as Hearts but have the advantage of the two weakest teams at home while Hearts have point dropping opportunities at Ibrox and Parkhead before they meet Aberdeen in Gorgie.

It's only there to throw away really.

I'm glad the champions league is now a distant dream.

As Dundee Utd showed today, Aberdeen in the CL would be humbled at best, humiliated at worst. The group stages of the uefa will do very nicely thanks, then all the euro virgins in the squad (i.e the squad) can get a bit of experience before they try the whole running before you're walking thing.

Bottled it again. It only took a matter of seconds yesterday, though.

Worst i've seen Michael Hart play for Aberdeen. We should sign the lad who was running rings around him.

Brewster was laughably crap throughout and should have been sent off for sticking the heid into someone. "He's there for his vast experience and guys like Maguire can learn from him" - Calderwood. I hope young Chris had his eyes closed for the 70 minutes or so "Special Brew" was on the park. I never saw him holding the ball up either.

Chris Clark was anonymous in the middle of the park, but that's Jimmy's decision so it's nae his fault.

Foster played shite apart from one of the best runs we've had all season - what a great move - it was one of those where the slightest touch was going to get a penalty. Good on Mackie for stepping up.

Seve needs to take a long hard look at himself. Strutting about the park again like he's above everyone and not tackling. The accusing looks when he misses a pass are also getting annoying. But not half as much as him insisting on taking every fucking throw - in.

Considine for Diamond never turned into a disaster but why did he come off? I'm so glad the majority booed Jimmy when he came off.

The 3 at the back decision backfired so badly - we were only 1 goal down at half time and could have easily come back into it had we got it on the deck and stopped hoofing it down the middle. Wilkie never lost a header all day but couldnae catch a bus had we played it wide. Width, width, width! We had none all day - no wonder we did so badly!

The only relief from what was otherwise a shocking day was the United fans singing "Hello, Hello." What a laugh!

We have bottled every opportunity we've been given under Calderwood - every league and Scottish cup tie and missing third spot a couple of seasons ago. Remember Hearts get the old firm out of the way quicly in the split and Kilmarnock will be looking for revenge against us. I hope we haven't blown it.

We get our two games against the Old Firm out of the way right at the start, but does give the Dons a chance to pull a good few points away - could be important psychologically. We are so shit right now, even though we're grinding out results, that I'd be far from convinced that if it came down to the Hearts-Aberdeen game at Tynie, that we'd get anything from it.

Will be an interesting run-in, even if the football's likely to be pretty dire.

I can't wait to get this shitey season out the way.

In all fairness, Hearts will be more worried about the run in than we are. They have been shocking.

Indeed. Have just had a look at both fixture lists, and it looks to me that the Killie-Hearts game is the one we're really likely to fuck up.

The ones that are going to be hard to call are the games for both of us against Celtic. They have a habit of being a little less than competitive once the league title's wrapped up (presumably the next game), so there could be a few freaky results over the next few weeks.

If I was putting money on it though, I'd say Aberdeen'll likely get the UEFA Cup spot, unless Hibs do us a very unlikely favour in a couple of weeks time.

Have DUFC fans got a sense of humour?

At half time, Lee Miller was warming up in front of the RDS / Away End when they started singing "Lee Miller is a wanker, is a wanker" at him. Miller and the rest of the Dons subs seemed to laugh this off. When the ball was punted at Miller he jumped up to head it and pulled his shorts / pants down and gave the DUFC fans a mooner.

Anyway, cue a load of away fans running to the police in a rage and screaming and pointing at Miller - with a load of other fans pulling them away and laughing at it. Nothing seemed to happen but a female cop at the corner of the stands seemed to be talking to other cops and pointing at him as he continued to warm up.

Reported in the paper yesterday that he's been charged with breach of the peace.

That game was terrible. I will reiterate that Richie Byrne is the worst player i've ever seen in a Dons shirt (one that gets consistently played that is).

He is laughable. Why the fuck was Foster played in central midfield? useless.

Chris Clark was our best player by a country mile.

Not going back this season, too many times we've bottled it as mentioned and it gets a bit depressing after a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Dirty, cheating Huns aside, I think the Dons really needed to win today. And you didn't. I hope this

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

much that the mighty JTs take advantage to cap a shite season with an undeserved UEFA Cup spot. And don't think you deserve it any more. I've seen Aberdeen on tv several times this season and you've been shite too.

Dirty, cheating Huns aside, I think the Dons really needed to win today. And you didn't. I hope this

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

much that the mighty JTs take advantage to cap a shite season with an undeserved UEFA Cup spot. And don't think you deserve it any more. I've seen Aberdeen on tv several times this season and you've been shite too.

I wouldnt really say it was undeserved as if any other team got it, they wont really have deserved it. Whether its Aberdeen or Hearts who get (Please be the Mighty Dons) they are just showing that they are the best of an utterly shite bunch!!!

bloody armchair fans...

so, we've been "shite" - but we're still in third, so that means we've been less shite than the 9 teams below us (including Hearts). if we get more points than them then we deserve it, pure and simple.

However, it's an interesting criteria for UEFA cup competition that you've suggested - how about we have a poll on Scotsport for the UEFA cup slot so armchair fans can decide on the team they think has been least shite over the season in their opinion and just ignore such trifling matters as league position, points gained, etc?

bloody armchair fans...

so, we've been "shite" - but we're still in third, so that means we've been less shite than the 9 teams below us (including Hearts). if we get more points than them then we deserve it, pure and simple.

However, it's an interesting criteria for UEFA cup competition that you've suggested - how about we have a poll on Scotsport for the UEFA cup slot so armchair fans can decide on the team they think has been least shite over the season in their opinion and just ignore such trifling matters as league position, points gained, etc?

Ha ha! So let me get this straight, I'm an "armchair fan" for only watching a team I don't support on tv?

It's an interesting criteria for deciding who's a proper fan that you've suggested - how about nobody goes to watch the team they support any more and instead go and watch random games of teams they don't. That way they can make a rounded, fair judgement of all the other teams in the league and not use something so arbitrary as what they've seen on the tv.

Idiot.

And yes, the dons have *not* looked that great this season.

I wouldnt really say it was undeserved as if any other team got it, they wont really have deserved it. Whether its Aberdeen or Hearts who get (Please be the Mighty Dons) they are just showing that they are the best of an utterly shite bunch!!!

Exactly. I realise that my drunken use of the word "deserved" may have been inappropriate, but I think the point I was trying to get across was the fact that Hearts have been utter, unmitigated shite this season, but there's still every chance we'll get into the UEFA Cup. I bet there'll be plenty of Aberdeen fans saying that Hearts don't

"deserve" the UEFA Cup qualification if we get third place on that very basis.

Ha ha! So let me get this straight, I'm an "armchair fan" for only watching a team I don't support on tv?

It's an interesting criteria for deciding who's a proper fan that you've suggested - how about nobody goes to watch the team they support any more and instead go and watch random games of teams they don't. That way they can make a rounded, fair judgement of all the other teams in the league and not use something so arbitrary as what they've seen on the tv.

Idiot.

And yes, the dons have *not* looked that great this season.

Proper fan? Who mentioned that?

the "armchair fan" was in a seperate line to highlight the "everyone's a critic" nature of us all (especially on an internet message board). Mayeb I should highlight these things with a smiley face to make them easier to understand.

and you've just argued with yourself - you (rightly) point out that unless you attend every game by every team then you can never make a full judgement. Then you go and slag an Aberdeen team off that you've only seen on Tv...

Care to elaborate on the "idiot" comment that resorted to? I'd like to think we could have a reasoned conversation without resorting to petty and childish name calling.

Bottled it again yesterday.

Considine was murder, but he's only 19 and as long as he learns that's fine. Not saying he's off the hook or above critisicm, but he has to learn to be a better player.

A true man of the match performance by Foster who I used to slate and say had no place at the club yesterday - most of the team could have learned something from him yesterday. His goal was goal of the season for Aberdeen - truly stunning and even more so from a guy playing left back. He was further up the park than the frankly shocking Jamie Smith and Chris Clark yesterday. Smith's clearly not fit and it's a joke he's back in the first team without any reserve action.

Mackie is directly responsible for us losing the game. I never like to single one out but his penalty was dire - beyond dire in fact when we needed a bit of composure. His miss at the end summed up his contribution yesterday. Langfield was utter pish again and if Jimmy can't see how utterly undependable and poor this guy is the worse we will do.

Brewster looked exactly like a 40 year old man trying to keep up with a bunch of kids way younger than him. He was fucking awful and I'm just so glad we cheered for Lovell to let Jimmy know exactly how shite he is and how much better Steve is.

Seve - couldn't get a grip of the game and too willing to pass the buck again.

We can't win when we play against 10 men for most of the 2nd half. We can't even beat 9 men. At home for fuck's sake.

Time for a reality check - Jimmy's tactics are woeful. Jimmy is a clown. We are big time bottlers. The Pittodrie atmosphere is dire. It's no wonder there are "stay away" fans.

Dundee United, who beat us 4 -2 at Pittodrie last week got beat by Dunfermline. Who are second bottom (no offence, Jake.)

There's no excuses - we are failing to win games when it really counts. Thank God Rangers beat Hearts to keep us in it. It would be so sweet to stick it down the throat of the Lithuanian banker and his seemingly everlasting cheque book by getting to third place by spending little cash and having a pool of players who are 95% Scottish (Five Aberdonians played yesterday.) No matter how shite we are, no matter how lucky we are, no matter how bad everyone else is, this is still our team with our boys.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dundee United, who beat us 4 -2 at Pittodrie last week got beat by Dunfermline. Who are second bottom (no offence, Jake.)

None taken, we're actually bottom!

we'll still sneak it, but we'll make hard work of it. i cant see us getting anything less than 3 points against killie. i'll be going down to Tynecastle which means we'll win (the two times ive been there on league business have been the only two we've won in recent years) and then gub the huns at home on the last game of the season.

easy.