aberdeen-music

check out the hygiene standards of your favourite Kebab house

There's some really suprising failures there, and a lot of places with a good reputation are listed as needing improvement (Rusticos, Cinnamon, Foyer, Light of Bengal). Although obviously some are more minor than others and some haven't been tested for a fair while so have probably improved.

Still, something to consider looking at before you book dinner sometime.

Its funny how 2 of Aberdeens most expensive restaurants have not passed.

Kury and Jewel in the Crown.

I went to Jewel in the Crown in 2006, it was totally overrated and cost 70 for myself and the Mrs. Rip off.

I see the Light of Bengal falls into the same category - that's three extremely ordinary curry houses that folks up here seem to spunk their jeans over have failed inspection.

Must admit, after moving up here from Ayrshire, I have to say that I was most diasppointed at the blandness of curries up here.

Still better than Perth though - they've got the shiteist restaurants of any major town. (pish football team n'all)

Guest Neutral

Just a note but the pub at the top of the list 22 CLUB is a great place for a quiet pint before delving deeper into aberdeens nightlife

I like the way they obscured - blacked out some of the text in the reports which can be copied and pasted wholly ;)

Must admit, after moving up here from Ayrshire, I have to say that I was most diasppointed at the blandness of curries up here.

Try the Kurri Lounge on John Street, and if you fancy a bit Nepalese there's a takeaway on George Street which is very tasty. Definitely something a bit different from the generic curries that get punted in most places.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it's no surprise that the belmont kebab 'cottage' failed - but if they cleaned up their act i bet the kebabs would be rubbish, it's the body fluids, bacteria and mould that make it so delicious

Try the Kurri Lounge on John Street, and if you fancy a bit Nepalese there's a takeaway on George Street which is very tasty. Definitely something a bit different from the generic curries that get punted in most places.

Kurri, yeah - easily the best one I've been to up here.

Might give the Nepalese place a shottie.

Ta