aberdeen-music

Mudd Club

Alan

Oh the memories.

Being stuck on the dance floor when Sabotage by Beastie Boys came on.

That weird Goth bloke with very bad skin who wore face paint.

Mad-Elaine dancing like mental on her own as soon as it opened at night.

Queuing for a kebab round the corner afterwards.

Being engaged to the legendary barmaid there for a while. (Just thought I'd mention that one...)

And trying to forget the nights when the venue hosted the godawful "HEAVEN".

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right people its a holiday weekend,lets finnish it off at LIVE for the Mudd Club, if youve not been yet your missing a good night and if you have been bring a friend along.

Doors open 1030pm,adams blowing everyone away with his choice of music,drinks are cheap(all top brands to)

3 entry 2 b4 midnight with flyer,NUS card and old Mudd membership card.

Amanda was before my time i suspect.

ye amanda was well b4 your time ross,i remember her though or at least remember an amanda,short with dark hair?god thats going back to when they had the sparkling purple walls in the foyer area and purple walls with silver diamonds everywhere in the main hall,lovely,what a place,94-95 i thinki started working there,damn in old ha ha:popcorn:

The UV lights...my boyfriend dancing in a white shirt...the horror, the horror :p

Fucking ace night, I love how the turnout is still really good and it's like all the best and most interesting people from Moshulu/Bassment are there.

Thank you for playing Jack off Jill Adam, you're the only person in Aberdeen who will :up:

ye amanda was well b4 your time ross,i remember her though or at least remember an amanda,short with dark hair?god thats going back to when they had the sparkling purple walls in the foyer area and purple walls with silver diamonds everywhere in the main hall,lovely,what a place,94-95 i thinki started working there,damn in old ha ha:popcorn:

Fucking hell no, anything post '91 seems like RECENT history LOL!

The first time I was at a Mudd Club was sometime back in 1988, but I can't recall much about it. I was only 18, and still pretty square. The introduction to cannabis would come a year hence heh heh.

In May or June 1989 my college class had it's post exam party there, and one of the less cool guys in my year had gone out dressed in white jeans, and a white shirt. Imagine that under UV lights and prancing around in front of 400 old school goths :)

One of my ex-girlfriends worked there for a while too, after we'd split up. He name was Rosalind. I last saw her about 3 years ago and she was working at Shell (I think).

I'm pretty sure they get a spin at Supernaut at the Moorings as well you know... ;)

Love that band. Mmmmmm screamy females.

Ah, thanks for mentioning that Adam - yes, we do indeed play Jack Off Jill at Supernaut ( not to mention the likes of My Ruin & Queen Adreena also).

Was great to hear them at Mudd though - even though the people I was dancing with deserted me.

Really enjoying Monday nights again these days.

Fucking hell no, anything post '91 seems like RECENT history LOL!

The first time I was at a Mudd Club was sometime back in 1988, but I can't recall much about it. I was only 18, and still pretty square. The introduction to cannabis would come a year hence heh heh.

Sadly I can remember being to the first one - started off as 'The Monday Alternative' for a while, then changed it's name to 'The Mudd Club'. Can't remember the year but would hazard a guess at 1986/87. Can't recall too many details either - was running at the same time as The Venue, so was always Venue Friday & Saturday, then Mudd Club Monday.

isnt that normally the case Jim ha ha,great night last week,music was spot on and the people who turned up made it all fall into place,same again on the 28th,ive heard nothing but good things about our wee night so long may it continue:popcorn:

Sadly I can remember being to the first one - started off as 'The Monday Alternative' for a while, then changed it's name to 'The Mudd Club'. Can't remember the year but would hazard a guess at 1986/87. Can't recall too many details either - was running at the same time as The Venue, so was always Venue Friday & Saturday, then Mudd Club Monday.

1986 sounds familiar.