aberdeen-music

Mudd Club

Alan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue Denim come out Sue

Sue Denim! Yes.....was in touch with Lisa bout that.............Get yourselves there. You could even re-enact your first encounter with Lisa. But we need a sick stained floor or sth. for that.....nothing like that there.

Damn fine venue though - totally spot on for club night in everyway really. Go along. You are needed for fun!

HA!! Was just talking to her yesterday about that malark......I would say that 99% of lost property in that place would have been her's......some right good quality number amongst that I tell you......including the wind up walking Spanish doll. That was an exclusive Mudd moment.............

Can't we have Mudd Club at the Boadroom on a Friday? Fuck me, it was so good it has actually stirred me to post on here again.

I was out last week, and again last night, and I had the most fun since Caged finished (Caged Reunion for teh win!) Bond-age is just full of emo pish, it feels like a creche with all of the little kiddies running around.

The misty eyed sentiment that we all felt last Monday must back up the thought that the Palace crowd still exists in Aberdeen, they just don't have the desire to venture out to watch something that resembles "Retarded Swimming 101" on the dancefloor.

The Boardroom is tidy, the toilets don't leak piss onto the dancefloor, if you asked Adam to play something, he played it, the drinks are clean and cheap (I almost fell over when I noticed the house vodka is Smirnoff at muchos cheapness).

Long live Mudd, let's knock the stinky shithole off of it's pedestal.

:rockon:

wow!!

i'm so excited about the prospect of a mudd club reunion-and gutted I've missed it already!

still think about those happy days, and it's been great reading everyone's memories.

i remember the circle of folk break dancing (think that was prob my mates!!) the dodgy pints, the goths cluttering up the hallway, and some people even had the same seats each week-a regular spot for some!! i went for years and always had a good night and made some great mates. always remember hanging around outside for about an hour after the club, either chatting away to people or waiting for folk to come out. remember some rad snow ball fights after in the winter.

i remember the slightly weirder music got played at the start and then got a bit more varied as the night went on-beastie boys, chemical brothers 'hey boy hey girl and prodigy spring to mind.

loving the enthusiasm for this-hope to see you all soon!

Coming from a man with a Cecil avatar, I'll take that as a compliment! :p

Myself and my mate once nearly got into a fight with the lead singer from Cecil when they supported Mansun. During the gig. Whilst he was singing.

Marsh and myself were at that gig at the beach ballroom JUST for Cecil, and all I remember is the singer going into the crowd and scaring the shit out of a couple of chancers ;)

Marsh and myself were at that gig at the beach ballroom JUST for Cecil, and all I remember is the singer going into the crowd and scaring the shit out of a couple of chancers ;)

Aye, and mind we got a knowing nod from Ste as he remembered us from the Works gig when I walked into their dressing room after the gig!

He was looking on approvingly!

"Got no fucking excuses you shiiiiiiiit!"

Nicking the giant poster on the way out!

Lovely stuff!

MuddClubBack.jpg

Ok so computers aint my thing so can anyone tell me how to make this flyer larger,i was told last week by Shelly @ the office but dumb ass here has forgotten.

Fixed it. You were linking to the thumbnail rather than the image itself. If you want it any bigger you'll need to upload a bigger version of it.

Can't we have Mudd Club at the Boadroom on a Friday? Fuck me, it was so good it has actually stirred me to post on here again.

I was out last week, and again last night, and I had the most fun since Caged finished (Caged Reunion for teh win!) Bond-age is just full of emo pish, it feels like a creche with all of the little kiddies running around.

The misty eyed sentiment that we all felt last Monday must back up the thought that the Palace crowd still exists in Aberdeen, they just don't have the desire to venture out to watch something that resembles "Retarded Swimming 101" on the dancefloor.

The Boardroom is tidy, the toilets don't leak piss onto the dancefloor, if you asked Adam to play something, he played it, the drinks are clean and cheap (I almost fell over when I noticed the house vodka is Smirnoff at muchos cheapness).

You do know Adam DJs Bond-age as well?

Having a Mudd style night on a Friday would only do bad for the alternative music scene in Aberdeen i feel,It would put Moshulu under so much presure and pesonally i think moshulu is needed not only for the club nights it does but for the live music it also provides.

Would a Friday Mudd turn into another bond-age or would there be enough support for it to not have to have the same music policy as bond -age.

Looking back at the dance scene in Aberdeen about 10 years ago there were 1 or 2 clubs providing dance style nights then everyone jumped on the bandwagon and killed the whole scene,yes there are still clubs doing this style of night but are they as busy as they once were? who knows, tough one to call

Would a Friday Mudd turn into another bond-age or would there be enough support for it to not have to have the same music policy as bond -age.

The Cathouse manages to have two nights effectively do that under one roof.

I am sick of Bond-age and Moshulu in general. I appreciate that times change, along with "fashions", and at the moment this Screamo/Emo/Post hardcore (whatever the fuck you want to call it) thing is the "in thing". Frankly, me and the whole of the group of people I hang out with think it is dire. I am sure we are not alone. Half of us made it out to the Reunion last week and had a blast. We haven't been to Moshulu for months, and we certainly haven't enjoyed it for a long time now.

Not that long ago, we were out every night that Moshulu was open, Monday for M.U.D, Wednesday for Flying Circus, Thursday for the greatest night Aberdeen has ever had, Caged, Friday for Bond-age then round it off with some Air Guitar on a Saturday.

Now I have no desire to go out, even on a Friday night. I have grown up with Aberdeen's alternative scene, from naughty visits to the Palace since I was underage, through to now. I think it is a sad state of affairs that a club that was once well maintained and put on good nights has let itself go, and there is not really another option.

I think a bit of heathly competition for Moshulu would only be a good thing.

The Cathouse manages to have two nights effectively do that under one roof.

I am sick of Bond-age and Moshulu in general. I appreciate that times change, along with "fashions", and at the moment this Screamo/Emo/Post hardcore (whatever the fuck you want to call it) thing is the "in thing". Frankly, me and the whole of the group of people I hang out with think it is dire. I am sure we are not alone. Half of us made it out to the Reunion last week and had a blast. We haven't been to Moshulu for months, and we certainly haven't enjoyed it for a long time now.

Not that long ago, we were out every night that Moshulu was open, Monday for M.U.D, Wednesday for Flying Circus, Thursday for the greatest night Aberdeen has ever had, Caged, Friday for Bond-age then round it off with some Air Guitar on a Saturday.

Now I have no desire to go out, even on a Friday night. I have grown up with Aberdeen's alternative scene, from naughty visits to the Palace since I was underage, through to now. I think it is a sad state of affairs that a club that was once well maintained and put on good nights has let itself go, and there is not really another option.

I think a bit of heathly competition for Moshulu would only be a good thing.

To be fair the Cathouse has two different floors rather than two different rooms. Also Adam djs in Moshulu on a Friday night, so someone else would have to dj one of the nights.

I'm kinda bored of the scene in Aberdeen too, I think a lot of people are. I think maybe it's just time to admit that we're all out growing it, as simple as that. I reckon Bond*age plays the equivalent music to what was played in Mudd back in the day. The demand is for popular current music, simple as. I never went to Mudd (I too was underage, but I was well behaved as a kid :p), but I would imagine people complained about the same music being played every week then too.

But a Caged reunion would be fucking spot on, *with* cage please!