Jimmy Armfield

David Pleat

Whoever commentated on the Italy-Scotland game

Alan Green

Graham Spiers

Jim Delahunt

Alan Hansen when he's talking about England

So many more.

Jim Delahunt (handy rhyming slang for himself) is on Setanta now I think.

yep just checked wikipedia and he is indeed on setanata which has pissed me off cos if cambridge stay in the conference then i'll be subscribing to setanta next season (they're showing 80 live conference matches from next season).

has chick young had a mention yet???? if not he deserves one fucking tit....

robbie earle is truly dreadful an all - why don't ITV realise they're shit at covering football???? steve rider and matt smith both need multiple slapping...

They put that Steve Rider idiot on F1 instead of Jim Rosenthal, now I have to look at Rider's Ken Barlow haircut every fortnight.

paul gascoigne was pretty bad when itv had him do stuff at the world cup

he also couldn't string sentences together

oh aye i remember that he seemed half pissed most of the time which he probably was!

if you think Graeme Souness is a shit manager, he's an even worse pundit - he often pops up on irish state broadcaster RTE's footy coverage (well he has a very free diary these days), don't think he's been let loose on UK footy coverage yet (maybe on sky though). Liam Brady is even worse, his face just screams 'punch me repeatedly till i shut up'

i had to turn down ITV's coverage of the Liverpool game cos Pleat was getting on my tits so much so i tuned into five live - they had jan molby co-commentating (not heard him before) and he was pretty pish (molby also was a pish manager helped kidderminster get relegated from the football league)

• 3 weeks later...

As many people have said ITV has an amazing ability to bring together an unbelievably terrible line-up of commentators and analysts. There's been many a champions league match where I have got excited in the build up at the prospect of a great game, the I hear the voices of Tyldsley and Pleat and feel like turning over anything else.

BBC Scotland's combination of Paul Mitchell and Ian McCall is possibly even worse, two horrible voices with a vocabulary of about 15 words.

As mentioned John Motson is past his best, he should have retired at least 5 years ago imo. It;s almost embarrising sometimes when he gets completely confused and Mark Lawrenson has to explain things in the condescending way on Lawro can do.

I can't believe I saw Graham Spiers mentioned though, he's awesome.

There does seem to a lack of quality commentators around though. David Begg and Alistair Alexander on Sportsound are both decent though. Peter Brackley was always my favourite, I'm not sure if he's still around.

What the fuck??! How could this thread have reached three pages without a single mention of Sandy Clark? Does nobody remember a few seasons back when the BBC broadcasted live SPL matches, with the commentary 'dream team' of Rob McLean and Sandy Clark? Let me jog your memories...

(McLean) 'blah blah blah blah blah'

(Clark) 'That's absolutely right, Rob'

Ring any bells?

Also; that nibjockey on ITV (might be Tyldesley) who does the Champions League. He turns every sentence into a tabloid headline. Dick

love from christy