aberdeen-music

Worst Football Commentator or Analyst

Diesel

While we're on the footie Best/Worst kick (pun intended) how's about a thread for those unsung TV/Radio guys who provide us with so much insightful dialogue about the beautiful game.

Here's my joint top two...

Willie Miller - Dour as fuck and sounds totally uninterested. Appalling grammar as well... "That wiz wahn ay the best goals ah saw"...or..."Yiv goat tae keep it tight at the back early doors or yer in problems" - WFT???

Murdo McLeod - Thick as fuck and uninspiring.

Also, who's the guy on Radio Scotland with the Moray accent who pronounces "Goal" and "Post" as "Gowwwwaaaa" and "Powwwwwwst" ?

Get right oanma diddies, so he does. I just want to kick his cunt in every time I hear his voice.

Scott Booth - States the obvious and nothing else. Gets paid.

Ian McCall - gives great insight into how teams should be playing and is generally a failure as a manager. Shutup.

Ian Wright - unbelievable prick

Jim Traynor - His radio phone-in is the worst thing on radio anywhere in the world.

Every Evening Express sports columnist

.....and John Motson should retire now.

Guest DustyDeviada
Scott Booth - States the obvious and nothing else. Gets paid.

Ian McCall - gives great insight into how teams should be playing and is generally a failure as a manager. Shutup.

Ian Wright - unbelievable prick

Jim Traynor - His radio phone-in is the worst thing on radio anywhere in the world.

Every Evening Express sports columnist

.....and John Motson should retire now.

Got to agree with all of that.

But no dissing the legend that is Willie Miller.

the local guys who do the commentary for cambridge united games, mark johnson and steve line, are so woefully bad they're entertaining!!! more often than not when there is a break in play they start mumbling about the most irrelivant of things! like two senile old men in the pub its brilliant (i remember during the recent pasting at altringham they wittered on about boiled sweets for about 10 mins when we were 4-0 down)

john motson has had his day, alan shearer is woefully dull as an analyst and my least favourite co commentator would have to be mark 'lawro' lawrenson. him and motty doing games together can be painful at times!

havent seen andy gray on telly in years but he used to annoy the fuck out me when i had sky in the late 90's especially when he did the analysing thing with a football pitch....

jock brown was a pish commentator, is he not on setanta nowadays????

Mark Bright is bloody awful. I remember catching part of Bury vs. Weymouth earlier in the season and he was commentating it like it was the Champions League final... "that's world class dribble," "that's one of the best crosses I've ever seen"... settle down mate.

David Pleat's uncanny ability to single-handedly wreck coverage of a football match is quite outstanding too, although he does have some cracking quotes :up:

Mark Bright is bloody awful. I remember catching part of Bury vs. Weymouth earlier in the season and he was commentating it like it was the Champions League final... "that's world class dribble," "that's one of the best crosses I've ever seen"... settle down mate.

David Pleat's uncanny ability to single-handedly wreck coverage of a football match is quite outstanding too, although he does have some cracking quotes :up:

Good site that!

Andy Gray - "People say footballers have terrible taste in music but I would dispute that. In the car at the moment I've got The Corrs, Cher, Phil Collins, Shania Twain and Rod Stewart."

Andy Walker is so wooden, they may as wel have just planted a tree in the Scotsport studio and handed it a script.

Radio-wise, Jim fucking Traynor. Little weegie cunt. I can't be doing with his "*something* is an absolute disgrace, it's an outrage, *somebody* should be totally ashamed of themselves and take a long hard look at themselves"

Is there ever a day passes when he isn't outraged about something?

not a commentator or an analyst but jim delahunt always made my blood boil, just one of those faces you'd never tire of slapping! (is he still on scotsport)

i always used to laugh when grampian/STV lost the rights to the SPL highlights and they showed 'exclusive' highlights of the first division and delahunt was clearly embarrased trying desperately hard to ham up the likes of morton vs ayr!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

Archie MacPherson is the worst commentator in history.

Anyone who has been involved with ITV's SPL coverage is deserving of the gallows.

Special mention must go to any English commentator commentating on an England international. What happened in 1966 again? Fuck me.

EDIT - Just remembered how amusing wtaching Jim Duffy was when the Arabs beat Patrick to come back up to the SPL in the playoffs! Hysterical.