aberdeen-music

best signings?

delboy

for cambridge would have to be the mighty dion dublin - cost nothing, helped us get to the verge of the premiership and sold to Man U for a million and also got 350,000 quid when he got capped by england.

in the SPL cant think of a better deal than the 650,000 quid celtic paid for henrik larsson - shred bit of business that!

People mocked Celtic paying 6mill for Chris Sutton but I reckon he was worth every penny. Michael Mols at Rangers could have been a legend if it wasn't for that injury, he was absolute balls when he came back without any of his trademark trickery. For the Dons, Zero sticks in the memory. Andy Johnson to Everton this season was a good move. Okocha for Bolton was a good bit of business, and Campo as well.

for cambridge would have to be the mighty dion dublin - cost nothing, helped us get to the verge of the premiership and sold to Man U for a million and also got 350,000 quid when he got capped by england

Correct me if I'm wrong Del, but is your record transfer fee still for Trevor Benjamin?

I'd say that was money well taken.

Most of John Lambie's signings for us circa 2000/01 were brilliant pieces of dealing with sod all money: Alex Burns, Derek Whyte (the season we stayed up he was actually quite useful), Danny Lennon, Paul Walker, Geree, etc....

Correct me if I'm wrong Del, but is your record transfer fee still for Trevor Benjamin?

I'd say that was money well taken.

yes it is! we got 1.5 million for him!!!! shame we squandered all the money due to the poor running of the club but it was a good bit of business as he came through the ranks at united and cost us nothing. so money well taken and squandered an all!!! there was a rumour he might come back to the abbey in the loan transfer window but he's gone to walsall and is playing upfront with his old cambridge strike partner martin butler!!!

For the Dons in recent times, I would say:

Peter Kjaer (Gratis)

Steve Tosh (30k)

Paul Sheerin (20k) - his goals in his half season were priceless. Pish thereafter.

Markus Heikkinen (Gratis)

Almost all of these are Steve paterson signings. Odd.

shame the manager was a bit pish and like his pish an all!!!