aberdeen-music

PA hire up north

Longhorn

Bonjour.

We're playing a gig in Thurso and need to bring a PA. Problem is we're on a 3 day tour so if we hire in Edinburgh (where we're coming from) we need to pay for 4 days, for a PA we need only one night.

I know it's a long shot since this is an Aberdeen board, but anyone know anywhere to hire a PA from?

We're playing (and staying) in Inverness the night before and will be coming back down through there (got Aberdeen the next night - Moorings - party on!), so somewhere to hire there or Thurso would be great.

Cheers dudes and dudettes.

Craig

Bonjour.

We're playing a gig in Thurso and need to bring a PA. Problem is we're on a 3 day tour so if we hire in Edinburgh (where we're coming from) we need to pay for 4 days, for a PA we need only one night.

I know it's a long shot since this is an Aberdeen board, but anyone know anywhere to hire a PA from?

We're playing (and staying) in Inverness the night before and will be coming back down through there (got Aberdeen the next night - Moorings - party on!), so somewhere to hire there or Thurso would be great.

Craig

Our drummer, Jeeves of FIlthpact, lives in Dufftown and hires PA to people for playing gigs in Elgin.

He might be up for doing it, but you're best to ask him. When is this gig? Cos we're on tour round Europe next week and will be back around April 9th.

I'll get his e-mail or phone number for you and see what he says.

Have you tried the highland equivalent to these boards:HUBL

There's one PA company (that I know of) in Inverness, Limelight, but I'm damned if I can find any contact info on this interweb. Maybe if you get in touch with some venues in Inverness they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Our drummer, Jeeves of FIlthpact, lives in Dufftown and hires PA to people for playing gigs in Elgin.

He might be up for doing it, but you're best to ask him. When is this gig? Cos we're on tour round Europe next week and will be back around April 9th.

I'll get his e-mail or phone number for you and see what he says.

They're playing the Moorings on April 7th (GCGuide) so it doesn't look like that's an option.

Bonjour.

Craig

Could you not hire in Aberdeen seeing as you are playing there the next night? Pick it up on the way up.

Thanks for the replies guys.

We're playing in the Newmarket bar, thinking we only need 300 W or so - it's for one vocal in a pretty small place.

We wouldn't be wanting to go out to Aberdeen to hire since it would add too much to the driving going Inverness - Aberdeen - Inverness - Thurso in one day.

And yeah, I've got a similar post on the HUBL.

Thanks guys - it has been very helpful, and I'll let you know how we get on.