aberdeen-music

Favorite Scottish music venue?

jf9tp2wd40

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrowlands still ranks as my fave, but they don't seem to do gigs so often anymore?

ABC was great for Down.

The Venue in Edinburgh has a special place in my heart - is it still there?

ABC is great, its wider than it is long while still being a large venue, so wherever you are, you're not far from the stage. I love it. Although, the sound can either be great or awful. No middle gorund.

I don't like the Garage in Glasgow purely down to the fact that they stole my (unopened) Fanta and wouldn't give it back to me at the end without a ticket that they didn't give to me in the first place.

I quite liked the ABC as a venue.

In Aberdeen Tunnels is probably my favourite venue, in Moshulu I can never usually hear the vocals that well, same with Kef, but, there have been times. Drummonds the vocals are mostly pretty clear I find.

...but, I just like the general atmosphere of Tunnels opposed to the other venues.

• 3 months later...

I like The Tunnels and Moorings in Aberdeen, good atmosphere in both. Not a big fan of Moshulu, mega sticky carpet, expensive and you have to swim to the urinals!

I like Liquid Rooms and Cabaret in Edinburgh, all the gigs I have been to in both have been bouncing with great sound. I used to love the Venue as well until the owners sold the whole building for flats, boooooo!

My favourite big venue for sound quality even if it was a bit fuddy duddy is the Edinburgh Playhouse, Slayer always sounded immense there. The Manchester Apollo runs it a close second though obviously not Scottish.

Don't like the sound in the SECC but have found that the AECC sounds a bit better thouhg you might as well camp up for the night than trying to get out of the carpark.

Also like the Ironworks in Inverness, nice middway sized venue. Really enjoyed the UFO gig there a few months back, knowledgable crowd and a big wide stage with clean sound.

I'm surprised only one mention for King Tuts.....great small venue. In Aberdeen I used to like The Loft at O'Donoghues (spelling?) when good bands used to play there. Also The Blue Lamp has a great atmosphere, and quite a few bands I've seen play there have said it's a really nice venue to play.