aberdeen-music

worst signings

delboy

i've no idea.... yeah canniga was a decent signing. it must be tough for south americans to perform in scotland given the climate plus the opposition in the SPL more often than not just bully them and they dont like it up em you know!

Plus the pre-match meal of deep fried pie and chips is probably a bit of a culture shock! :laughing:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Somebody on Donstalk went to work in Manchester and Leon Mike was one of his workmates. He made a promising start though, scored a cracker in his first game, and I remember him scoring against the Huns as well in a 2-2 draw.

Funny to think that he used to play in the Man City reserves with Shaun Wright Phillips.

Who was Michael Bird?

Guest DustyDeviada

Kiriakov? Thought he was prettygood considering the amount of fags he smoked in numerous bars around Aberdeen. He's already been mentioned though.

His drinking buddy was John Inglis, who's also been mentioned, but deserves a special award for being the worst player to sign for the Dons TWICE. Didn't even get a game the second time.

Who was Michael Bird?

Steve Paterson signed him if memory serves, from Bolton I think. Made a couple of appearances off the bench.

In fact a quick google search reveals that we signed him in the summer of 2003. he played three matches for us all off the bench, failed to score and we sold him in the January transfer window to Glenavon in the Northern Irish Premier League, who play at the luxurious 5000 capacity Mourneview Park in County Aramgh. Who were then relegated that season. He was utter shit.

Steve Paterson signed him if memory serves, from Bolton I think. Made a couple of appearances off the bench.

In fact a quick google search reveals that we signed him in the summer of 2003. he played three matches for us all off the bench, failed to score and we sold him in the January transfer window to Glenavon in the Northern Irish Premier League, who play at the luxurious 5000 capacity Mourneview Park in County Aramgh. Who were then relegated that season. He was utter shit.

brilliant!!!! we've had a fair few players who've made only a hatful of appearances before going off into the football wilderness never to be seen again!!!!

thought he might have played more than that - certainly remember the name. i never for the life of me why scottish clubs would sign chinese players who (probably) dont speak the lingo must be near impossible for them to adapt to life in glasgow and the SPL. mind u cant think of any other chinese players who've signed for scottish clubs.

Didn't you sign a chinese player as Rzngers when we were playing FM2007 online ;)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest nature_1

Fan Zhiyi (sp?) played for dundee for a bit....he was a defender.

he was the first chinese player in scotland, i think.didnt last too long either.

heres some more blasts from the past; ulrik laursen, magnus hedman, juninho, momo sylla.....