aberdeen-music

New Wildhearts album

Afro Droid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just so good. I cannae put it off.

The chorus of Slaughtered Authors is sublime! And Rooting For the Bad Guy is everything you love about the Hearts in one song. C.J. is quite prominent throughout the album which I think is a great thing.

It really could be the best thing they've ever released. Controversial, maybe, but it's quite layered so i'm sure more listening will reveal more parts to the tunes. I don't think I loved the others as much at this stage.

Cannae wait to see them next Thursday! For once, I'll be hoping the set is filled with new songs - normally I hate it when a band does that, but surely on this evidence even Ginger must know this album's songs are worthy of filling a live set with!

Lovely stuff.

"And the boys will dance for a chance to lance your cancerous c*nt.

You're the last disease on the block.

That cock, that fresh erection is the next in line for your black infection."

The Sweetest Song's lyrics - man, they are ugly and pissed off. The way it switches from the sheer bile to the airiness of the chorus is fucking AWESOME!

"I wanted Tweetie Pie - crucified

I'm rooting for the bad guy"

I could listen to that bit all day - it's so brilliant! CJ and Ginger's harmonies are back to their absolute best!

Check out the lyrics for the New Flesh - they are beyond good!

We are born into a time of innocent Americans attacked for trying to job while some Bin Laden motherfucker takes the credit, but instead of heading to Afghanistan to take him out they went to bomb Iraq and kill some families.

Children die because of some imaginary weapons and to find one of the many, many terrorists upon the planet meanwhile the psychopaths accountable for killing every innocent are all sitting safely out of range.

Armageddon orchestrated, televised and exaggerated.

We were lied to and we won't get fooled again.

We are the new flesh, we are the only ones left.

We're the dog you beat down once too much.

We're the cornered rat that will fight back.

We are born into a time our population is divided, poor and hungry people share the planet with the wealthy and the multi-billion industries pay politicians, actors and musicians more than it would take to shelter all the homeless, and the governments ignore the under funding of researching into mental health, allowing over 70% of people under-educated while the suicides per annum keep increasing and narcotics keep the treated pacified.

Fame and fortune un-donated by the over paid and the over rated.

We were lied to and we won't get fooled again.

We are the new flesh, we are the only ones left.

We're the dog you beat down once too much.

We're the cornered rat that will fight back.

This virus breeds inside your system.

Argh - it's so good! I'm finding the tunes popping up in my heid all the time no was well!

Creeping closer to "best Wildhearts album" after every listen. I never expected that in a million years.

2 weeks today!

right

im going to have to get this

ive not touched wildhearts material mainly due to that "wildhearts must be destroyed" album being utter gash (apart form the first song)

will they ever match inglorious though?

If you think Nexus Icon and Inglorious are good you will LOVE this album - I promise you the first track is better than both of those songs. And "Inglorious" is a top track of mine. Well, it used to be before this came along! There is hardly a trace of "Must Be Destroyed" on this album.

Get it, Maxi - you know it makes sense!

"I wanted Thunderbirds kentucky fried - I'm rooting for the bad guy."

Is there a site you're getting the new lyrics from? Or did you just work them out?

They're on the official site, dude. It tells you to go there in the booklet with the album :up:

The Wildhearts - Info - Lyrics

"I still can't shake the doubt, but it would appear I'm the only one 'cos everywhere the good will filled the air, and it got the crowd to sing so loud that no-one even heard their city crying. "

You could use that as a mantra for your new band -

"Was the gig good?"

"Yeah man, awesome."

"THAT good."

"Yeah, it got the crowd to sing so loud that no-one even heard the city crying. "

or something.

I'm looking forward to this, like Maxi says Inglorious is possibly the best wildhearts song ever.

Infact the Schitzophonic/Channel Bop/Sky Babies/Inglorious combo makes possibly the four most epic and brilliant wildhearts songs, although that could be supreme nostalgia of when I was a wee lad on holiday kicking in here...

Your enthusiasm is getting me positively moist in anticipation gentlemen.

Right, calm down you two.

It's good, but it's not THAT good. Some cracking tunes, but lots of "by the numbers" stuff. Very little of it stands up to "Earth vs...". "PHUQ", "Fishing..." or "Endless..". The artwork is pitiful, and the production very thin in places.

It's by no means a bad record - given it loads of spins, some brilliant chorus, awesome harmonies etc - just don't think it's quite the second coming - in fact, I think I prefer "...must be destroyed" at the moment...

Right, calm down you two.

It's good, but it's not THAT good. Some cracking tunes, but lots of "by the numbers" stuff. Very little of it stands up to "Earth vs...". "PHUQ", "Fishing..." or "Endless..". The artwork is pitiful, and the production very thin in places.

It's by no means a bad record - given it loads of spins, some brilliant chorus, awesome harmonies etc - just don't think it's quite the second coming - in fact, I think I prefer "...must be destroyed" at the moment...

I feel sorry that you don't like it as much as we do!

That's your opinion and that's cool, man.

Personally I can't see how artwork affects how a record sounds ?(

And I think it's one of the best produced albums I've heard in ages. I reckon it's their fullest sounding release. I've been listening to the 'Hearts since Mondo Akimbo and I reckon this stands up to those recordings I've played to death and loved for 6, 8, 10, 12 years or whatever. It grabbed me by the bollocks - very few releases have done that in recent years.

I really can't see how "Must be Destroyed" is favourable to anything on this. To me that was their career low and wasn't a full 'Hearts release.

I'm a big fan, i'm biased. I don't care. There's very few groups who have been around as long as the 'Hearts who could put out a record like this after all the trouble they've been through.

Better than "Must be Destroyed?" Get Your Groove on? So Into You? Rubbish re - recorded version of Vanilla Radio? Only One Hell? Nah, I can't see it, dude. At all.

Like I say, your ears, your choice!

I'm nae calming down, either - listening to it just now and I seriously think it's an absolutely brilliant album and haven't put it down since I got it!

"Like lambs to the slughter they dive into the sea.

And they'll never feel the water that's coming down all around me.

And those lost Sons and Daughters of a dying industry will now choke upon the water.

Where you die there I'll be."

Loving it.

It's a grower, definitely. And even though The Hard Way is identical to Headfuck, it's still awesome, and my current favourite.

I actually really like the production - sounds ace in my car.

Although I hate the chorus to The Sweetest Song. Small gripe though.

Going to see 'em in Glasgow, cannae wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Yoni was dire.

Anyhoo, I have decided I may have been too harsh on the new Wildies - it's fucking great! I stand by my belief that it's not as good as Earth Vs, PHUQ, Fishing or Endless Nameless, but then what is? Still a few duffers (...Televised and ...Monsters are a bit dull), but New Flesh is brilliant and the riffs are ace.

Artwork is shit though.

yeah definitly an awesome return to form for the wildhearts. i also thought yoni was good but i agree that jake was a terrible song.

"Yoni" is the only album I've ever bought and returned the following day. It's terrible. I hope that if I ever have a kid and I pen something as dire as "Jake" for them they will resent me for the rest of my life.

"Yoni" is the only album I've ever bought and returned the following day. It's terrible. I hope that if I ever have a kid and I pen something as dire as "Jake" for them they will resent me for the rest of my life.

Well for your sake, lets hope you never write something as shite as Jake.

Only just got the album now in time for the gig. It is good. New Flesh and Slaughtered Authors are the best. Sweetest song however just makes me laugh.

D

It was indeed an absolutely fantastic gig. They were on fire and the sound was really good - it was hard to believe how close to the originals they sounded sometimes.

Good to hear O.C.D - that sounded awesome and the riffs are the end were world - beating skyscrapers.

Just amazing to hear so many Earth vs. songs - Everlone was brilliant and Suckerpunch was beefy as anything.

Scott Sorry is a great addition. Rich's drumming was better than ever. Ginger and C.J. are like no others.

Having said all that the fact that they only played two songs off their new album they went to the bother of plugging is nothing short of criminal. I am absolutely gutted they never played more. Why? If they'd played 29x the Pain and Splattermania instead of Rooting and Televised they could have advertised the gig as the "Greatest Greatest Hits Show Ever"

I'm happy they were so good, but gutted they never played more new tracks. Just seems pointless putting out the album if you're not gonna play the songs live. I mean, it's not as if it's even just mediocre or they have no self - confidence.

Oh, and Nitra Nitro is surely the best live song ever!