aberdeen-music

New Wildhearts album

Afro Droid

New Wildhearts Album // 26th March 2007

The Wildhearts are set to release their eponymous album on the 23rd April. Released on Round Records and featuring Ginger, CJ, Ritch Battersby and Scott Sorry, it promises to be a riff-stormer of a record. The album will be preceeded by a download only single: 'The Sweetest Song', released on the 9th April, which will be available from iTunes (and others which will be posted as we get them)

In Ginger's words "We are really proud of this album. It marks what honestly feels like a fresh start in what has been an up-and-down career for the band. Gone are the drugs and alcohol problems. There is a focus and determined spirit in the band now, which we think we have captured perfectly on this album. The melodies are still there, the big choruses are still there, but the mammoth guitar riffs are back and heavier than ever. We're excited to have you along for this fresh new stage in the on-going legacy that is The Wildhearts."

The tracklist is as follows:

Rooting For The Bad Guy

The Sweetest Song

The Revolution Will Be Televised

The New Flesh

Slaughtered Authors

The Hard Way

Inner City Overture

Bi Polar Baby

She's All That

Destroy All Monsters

They're playing on 10th May in Moshulu.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be interested to hear this, I've really not been into anything the wildhearts have done post '96 (re-release of fishing for luckies which was cracking).

It's a shame because 99% of what they did on their first four proper releases was absolutely stunning.

If riff-recycling is on the menu... I'd much rather hear rehashed versions of classic wildhearts as opposed to the sonic excrement that was evident on that shit-album-that-was-so-bad-I-can't-even-remember-it's-title-and-haven't-listened-to-it-since-it-came-out-in-1997/98.* In fact even worse than that one was Clam Abuse which is possible the absolute worst release I have ever spent 13 on.

I've given ginger too many chances in the past, and bought a lot of the shit that he has released so this better be good.

*Endless namless, that was it. The only thing worse than the songs was the production. Makes St Anger sound like the black album.

I've given ginger too many chances in the past, and bought a lot of the shit that he has released so this better be good.

Today's newie has restored my faith, it's a return to PHUQ/Fishing For Luckies quality. Persevere though, the first track is by far the worst culprit for riff-recyclyng, after that it's all sweet new-sounding stuff, which reminds me a lot of Devin Townsend in places ('Bi-Polar Baby', 'Destroy All Monsters'). It's fucking great actually, I'm listening to it now. I'd almost given up on Ginger after the self-indugent mess of Yoni.

*Endless namless, that was it. The only thing worse than the songs was the production. Makes St Anger sound like the black album.

I fucking love that album. 8-)

I like that album too. Underneath the "different" production is a cracking album. Clam Abuse, on the other hand. Oh dear!

New album is gonna be up there with PHUQ / Luckies I reckon! First listen on right now and i'm frankly loving it.

Yes, the Wildhearts still rock. Result.

Endless Nameless is fucking BRILLIANT. I hear it's influenced by Tool.

Tool are comparedable to knowone. how dare you say there name you truth asshole. lern to spell before you think you know everything you scene core looser

[but seriously, Endless Nameless is rubbish and I could tell that when I was 14 years old. However, horses for courses and all those other metaphors :)]

[but seriously, Endless Nameless is rubbish and I could tell that when I was 14 years old. However, horses for courses and all those other metaphors :)]

Be a boring world if we all liked the same things etc!

Incidently, I'm just off the phone to a Mr. Dalgleish and it's just clicked that you are the "Dan who's in a band who writes music and is a brilliant drawer" that he used to work with Amusing! Anyways, Dave was asking for you min. And, to keep on topic he is another who agrees the new 'Hearts album is ace!

Be a boring world if we all liked the same things etc!

Incidently, I'm just off the phone to a Mr. Dalgleish and it's just clicked that you are the "Dan who's in a band who writes music and is a brilliant drawer" that he used to work with Amusing! Anyways, Dave was asking for you min. And, to keep on topic he is another who agrees the new 'Hearts album is ace!

Dave is a legend! I well enjoyed working with him. Pass on my regards please, I've only seen him once recently (about a year ago) and his hair/beard was pretty long. There must have been a lack of barbers in australia/the rest of the world.

back on topic; I will purchase this album immediately.