aberdeen-music

Cillit Bang. Good cleaning product, or just memorable adverts?

Lemonade

I'm not averse to a bit of clit banging, but Cilit Bang just doesn't do it for me.

Everytime I see it in the supermarket I'm convinced that's what the label actually says. :up:

Barry Scott is pure comedy but I'm not a fan of the product. Maybe my soap scum is scummier than other people's but I find that Mr Muscle is much more effective at cleaning my bathroom.

Fuck, I'll do anything to avoid studying :(

I find cilit bang scrapes all the skin off your fingers. It's lethal. Am loving the new unashamedly un-pc ad where Barry yells that more women have been switching to cilit bang.

Rubber gloves my dear. Preferably the ones with the marabou feathers, makes you feel like Kim and/or Aggie.

But I do love how Barry Scott is unashamedly just taking the piss now.

I cleaned my kitchen with Cillit Bang yesterday and to be fair, it was pretty clean. Though my cleaner was in today and she used something different and it's miles cleaner, though that may be more indicative of the difference in our cleaning skills than the products we use.

Why did you clean the day before your cleaner arrived?

So who is the guy who plays Barry Scott then? someone famous I don't recognise or just someone off the street?

HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT

BARRY SCOTT actually started off as a web-based name for a spammer, that advertised certain products, but after pissing some dude off royally by posting on an overly emotional blog entry, he got a load of press and they turned BARRY SCOTT into a real person.

That's akin to girls who use the sun beds before they go on holiday cos they don't want to expose their white legs on the beach while sun bathing.

It's also the reason I make sure I do my hair really nice before I go to the hairdressers, and also why I put on my nicest clothes when I go clothes shopping. Or why I brush my teeth like 15 times before I go to the dentist. It makes sense to me, dammit.

I was out in Madrid earlier in the week and was lucky enough to view the Spanish Cillit Bang advert. Barry Scott does not feature and is instead replaced by a spanish counter-part. It is also spelt the same way but pronounced as follows 'cill-ah bong".

Outstanding stuff.

You just wanted to boast about being in Madrid, didn't you? :p

So who is the guy who plays Barry Scott then? someone famous I don't recognise or just someone off the street?

It's some guy called Neil Burgess. He's supposedly an actor but I've not seen him in anything apart from one of ex-Westlifer Brian McFadden's music videos.

Don't worry...I cried when I found he wasn't real too.

edit: how ace is a thread about the pros and cons of household cleaners!?